Time between root canal stages - help!

I was due to have the second stage of a retreatment on an upper molar today - the first stage was completed a fortnight ago and all went well. Unfortunately I now have a stinking cold, and as the tooth is really close to my sinuses I decided to ring in and reschedule for when I feel less hellish. The endodontist is on holiday after this week, so my appointment isn’t until 14 March. I only spoke to the receptionist yesterday who seemed to think this was fine, but am now panicking it’s too long between stages - does anyone know? The tooth was previously asymptomatic and a missed canal was found in an x-ray on its neighbour. No infection was present during the first stage. It’s a bit uncomfortable which he said to expect, but fine with painkillers. The opposing tooth has been extracted, so I am not biting on it.

I know I can’t be examined over the internet, but any general advice/reassurance would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It should be fine. A few weeks wouldn!!!8217;t really make any difference at all.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Site admin - what!!!8217;s with the funny numbers appearing? It seems to only happen when replying on my iPad
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,861
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Toothsmith wrote: »
    Site admin - what!!!8217;s with the funny numbers appearing? It seems to only happen when replying on my iPad

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5788856
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Thanks for your reply. I!!!8217;ve been worrying so much, in between coughing and blowing my nose.hopefulky this stupid cold will be gone by the 14th!
  • Just updating to say the treatment was completed yesterday - in a massive two and a half hour session. Apart from me having to stop partway through because I was desperate for a wee, all went well. I!!!8217;ve to go back in a month for a review and final x-rays, then I will be discharged to my own dentist to have the tooth crowned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure