silent treatment

Comments

• Lily-Rose wrote: »
    It's best ignored, but I scream at the top of my lungs like a banshee at people who do this, because it drives me completely nuts! :mad:

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME, OR WHAT I HAVE DONE, TELL ME! :mad::mad::mad:

But that's just the reaction they want.
  • Pack their bags and change the locks.
  • It';s not allowed in our family. My husband suffered from it at the hands of his mother, so much, he can't bear sulking and neither can I.

If someone is angry, say so and we'll deal with it .

'Never let the sun go down on your anger'.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I like a blazing row. Marley is a sulker. It's not a good combination :rotfl:

I have however found that the sulks get shorter with time, longest he sustains now is about 20 minutes :D
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    My ex was like this except for the insulting part. I left him and you should too.

You should not have to put up with this behaviour so you should not be asking how to cope with it.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just kill him and be done with it.
  • Yes the best way to get your own back is to feed him food he doesn't like.
    Hello 1950!

Errrrr ... If he's not talking, why feed him at all. Isn't he big enough to feed himself?
    Sounds like a case for citing "unreasonable behaviour" methinks ...
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Lily-Rose_3 Posts: 2,732 Forumite
    Just kill him and be done with it.

:eek::eek::eek: Remind me to not get into an argument with you!!!!!!!

:rotfl:

I like a blazing row. Marley is a sulker. It's not a good combination :rotfl:

I have however found that the sulks get shorter with time, longest he sustains now is about 20 minutes :D

At least your screaming can make him snap out of it haha. :)
    But that's just the reaction they want.

I KNOW!!!!! :mad: :D:p
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!

You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
  • Pack their bags and change the locks.

Looked quickly and what I read was "Pack their bags and change your socks" :o
  • marisco_2
    marisco_2 Posts: 4,261 Forumite
    This may or may not be useful but in all honesty it will only get worse. Instead of asking how to deal with it, question why you actually want to. Life is so short and being with someone who behaves so immaturely and selfishly will be very detrimental to you long term. My advice is have some respect for yourself and bail out of such a toxic connection.
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure