Captchas again

Is anyone else having issues with them?

The pics come up but I can't select any of them so have to refresh time and time again, now it states to come back later as they think my computer is sending automated requests :(

It's very frustrating :mad:
A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
  • DiJones
    DiJones Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Did you look at the date of the link?
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    One-Eye wrote: »

LOL - I don't know if you 'got me' 2 years ago, but you definitely did today. Ya rascal.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unfortunately I wasn't around at that point but I did get it! Yes they are :D

• Miap
    Miap Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I gave up on the CTW Bauer jobbies last night, as it was maddening trying to do them. I thought it was a glitch at my end. Thank you for the posts that have now explained what's going on.
  • Driving me loopy! I now have 87 competitions in my Enter Later/Captcha Folder.

It's not going to happen is it!

I have emailed two companies because I couldn't get past the captcha to consent to email subscription, no response as yet.

I really don't think companies are aware of the problem so I explained the difficulty in entering their competitions.

I came across a blog this week where I had to enter a captcha to make a comment!

I have tried using the incogito window and I had a google which said try turning off VPN, which I did, made no difference whatsoever, better turn it back on me thinks.

Anybody found a solution?
  • Daphne01
    Driving me loopy! I now have 87 competitions in my Enter Later/Captcha Folder.

It's not going to happen is it!

I have emailed two companies because I couldn't get past the captcha to consent to email subscription, no response as yet.

I really don't think companies are aware of the problem so I explained the difficulty in entering their competitions.

I came across a blog this week where I had to enter a captcha to make a comment!

I have tried using the incogito window and I had a google which said try turning off VPN, which I did, made no difference whatsoever, better turn it back on me thinks.

Anybody found a solution?

Nothing yet. I always get one when I've just got on line and I'm going to try using the audio captcha instead to see if it goes through ok.

I can't today because I forgot and carried on as usual and it still won't let me try again :(

• I have emailed seven companies to date and had really positive feedback. I have been entered manually into the competitions and they are going to look at the captcha (which they use via a third party)

I have also sent a few tweets, again unaware of the problem.

I also tried the audio option, banned straight away!

I am that fed up now I have stopped putting them in my folder to enter later.
  • Since I posted in the thread below, I just cannot get captchas to work at all on my laptop or ipad on any browser unless I go incognito. It is driving me absolutely mad. I have sent three email to them re this and posted in the google forums but they have never responded.

The pictures where you have to click until none left take an age to reload, you click, click, click and eventually got the tick. Then you cannot submit the comp as you get a message telling you the captcha was incorrect.

What is even more annoying is more and more sites are using these now even to log into your account. Quidco springs to mind for this.

I really wish they would go back to the two words as the picture ones are a complete and utter nightmare :mad:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5753235&highlight=captchas
    The best things in life are free.....
  • Daphne01
    From a message I had on the google forum they have updated to version 2 with lots of different images but I don't get them for some reason and it seems I'm not the only one :(

I did the same thing this morning re the audio captcha and had the same, it blocked me straight away.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure