IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I got a reply from bw legal!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:04PM
    Hiltop1 wrote: »
    Also, just checked the letter they sent dated 22/8/16 which they say "you will note that the letter dated 22 August 2016 was marked "Without Prejudice"....." (they say this letter offering a reduction was an attempt to reach an amicable settlement and a goodwill gesture and goes on to explain why it was marked Without Prejudice and what this meant) .... well I've just checked and the letter and I can't see that marked on it anywhere! i will get a colleague to check tomorrow in case I am being stupid, but I have checked more than once. It gets more strange as time goes on

If that is true, mention that in a short, to the point reply.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hiltop1
    Hiltop1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Hahahaha! I will find time tomorrow to reply and do more reporting to SRA etc. Just baffles me how they think they can do this, esp with pre POFA ones. Night all
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Also, just checked the letter they sent dated 22/8/16 which they say "you will note that the letter dated 22 August 2016 was marked "Without Prejudice"....." (they say this letter offering a reduction was an attempt to reach an amicable settlement and a goodwill gesture and goes on to explain why it was marked Without Prejudice and what this meant) .... well I've just checked and the letter and I can't see that marked on it anywhere! i will get a colleague to check tomorrow in case I am being stupid, but I have checked more than once. It gets more strange as time goes on

A Without Prejudice letter tends to say they do not want their letter shown in court. YOUR QUESTION IS WHY

There is no goodwill from BWLegal, letter after letter proves this.

Consider this, for a poultry parking ticket charge, why would this so called solicitor be claiming defamation for something that can be proven IE: HARASSMENT, MENACING, FALSE INFORMATION.

This is a solicitor running scared and now using legal jargon that most will not understand.
  • beamerguy
    Hahahaha! I will find time tomorrow to reply and do more reporting to SRA etc. Just baffles me how they think they can do this, esp with pre POFA ones. Night all

Why do they think they can do this ???

They have been caught with their pants down. They thought this would be a brilliant money maker ..... it's actually costing them money and now they are being watched carefully by people they know nothing about.
  • Hiltop1
    Hiltop1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Today I had this email from - Town Centres, High Streets and Coastal Team (I wrote to the DCLG).

"Thank you for your email dated 4 October about parking on private land, and payment on exit.

The Government shares your concerns about how some private parking companies operate. Parking is vital to modern high streets and town centres, and the Government would encourage all parking providers, public and private, to work alongside local government to ensure that communities are served, not inconvenienced, by suitable parking facilities.

As you are aware we sought comments from the public on parking matters in our recent discussion paper entitled 'Parking reform: tackling unfair practices'. We are still actively considering responses to the discussion paper, and will issue a response in due course. I attach a copy of the summary for your information."

So it seems that new responses don't make it into the consultation but I am still glad I contacted them and that they read my comments - and the summary which they attached does seem (in the section of comments from individuals) to sum up a lot of what is said by contributors here.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:04PM
    We are still actively considering responses to the discussion paper
    Well that can be read two ways, and certainly these complaints are hitting home.

We have to hope that they can't ignore the public voice.
  • beamerguy
    Today I had this email from - Town Centres, High Streets and Coastal Team (I wrote to the DCLG).

"Thank you for your email dated 4 October about parking on private land, and payment on exit.

The Government shares your concerns about how some private parking companies operate. Parking is vital to modern high streets and town centres, and the Government would encourage all parking providers, public and private, to work alongside local government to ensure that communities are served, not inconvenienced, by suitable parking facilities.

As you are aware we sought comments from the public on parking matters in our recent discussion paper entitled 'Parking reform: tackling unfair practices'. We are still actively considering responses to the discussion paper, and will issue a response in due course. I attach a copy of the summary for your information."

So it seems that new responses don't make it into the consultation but I am still glad I contacted them and that they read my comments - and the summary which they attached does seem (in the section of comments from individuals) to sum up a lot of what is said by contributors here.

I had the same copy and paste from the DCLG ???

25 PAGES of the summary. They know what to do so why don't they do it ??
    Whilst they drag their heels, every day, motorists get scammed but this is acceptable by the DCLG and Mrs May's government

It's a complete SCANDAL
  • Coupon-mad
    beamerguy - can you pm me about the summary or is it too much to scan if we email each other?
  • beamerguy
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    beamerguy - can you pm me about the summary or is it too much to scan if we email each other?

Sent a PM to you
  • Coupon-mad
    Strange - no pm - try again please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure