Bad Diesel from Sainsbury In Van How to prove it ?

Options

Comments

• nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As I posted earlier getting a controlled sample will be your downfall. Presumably the filling station tanks will have been replenished so no point testing that sample and the sample out of your vehicle could have been contaminated either before you filled up or after. Incidentally all storage tanks have some form of sediment/sludge/water in the tank bottoms but this could cause problems with your fuel filter and in no way lower the fuels flash point.
  • davidious
    davidious Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Diesel.jpg
    Here is copy of the report I got done. When it comes to cases like these it comes down to the balance probabilities.
    I if needed could prove I did not fill up anywhere between the 13th and 21st if needed.

Articles relating to it
    http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/diesel-problems-for-isle-of-wight-drivers-96493.aspx

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/diesel-problems-for-isle-of-wight-drivers-96493.aspx
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That report doesn't say much apart from "there's some dirt" - with no indication of where that came from. It could have been from a grubby jerrycan.

All diesel vehicles have filters in line before the injectors and the high pressure pump anyway.
  • davidious
    davidious Posts: 125 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2016 at 7:37PM
    Options
    we never had any problems till I filled up the actual report has my Registration which I have hidden from this.

"Engine builders and fuel injection equipment manufacturers have found that the particles greater than 4 microns and greater than 6 microns are particularly critical to the durability of the fuel injection system."

"World Wide Fuel Charter that fuel supplied to engines meet the ISO 4406 code of 18/16/13 maximum for respectively 4, 6, and 14 micron particle sizes."

http://howcleanisyouroil.com/DIESEL-FUEL-OIL
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    davidious wrote: »
    I if needed could prove I did not fill up anywhere between the 13th and 21st if needed.

I'm not trying to be funny but how on earth could you prove that you didn't put any more fuel in your car between the dates mentioned?
  • Lomast
    Lomast Posts: 849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The sample is from your fuel tank though which is going to have all manor of impurities in it. so its not conclusive it was the fuel from the garage that caused it, I think you are going to have an uphill struggle.
  • davidious
    Options
    I'm not trying to be funny but how on earth could you prove that you didn't put any more fuel in your car between the dates mentioned?

I live on the Isle of Wight there is a very limited amount of petrol stations I could of filled up at. As well proof the Van didn't leave the island. Along with cash withdrawals and CC transactions. (All my petrol station vists have been put on a card)

Considering I filled up £40.60 on the 12th October. Combined with the Fuel Drain. -'

On the balance of probabilities I could prove I didn't put any more fuel in.

Obviously someone else could of put some diesel in a can for me but what would be the point of that. How would I know if the new diesel would be contaminated or not or even dilute the diesel currently in my Tank and give a negative reading.

Also all petrol stations on the island use the same supplier.
    I also didn't put petrol in the Tank and test would of shown that up and it didn't show petrol contamination.
  • societys_child
    Options
    davidious wrote: »
    I live on the Isle of Wight there is a very limited amount of petrol stations I could of filled up at. As well proof the Van didn't leave the island. Along with cash withdrawals and CC transactions. (All my petrol station vists have been put on a card)

Considering I filled up £40.60 on the 12th October. Combined with the Fuel Drain. -'

On the balance of probabilities I could prove I didn't put any more fuel in.

Obviously someone else could of put some diesel in a can for me but what would be the point of that. How would I know if the new diesel would be contaminated or not or even dilute the diesel currently in my Tank and give a negative reading.

Also all petrol stations on the island use the same supplier.
    I also didn't put petrol in the Tank and test would of shown that up and it didn't show petrol contamination.
    Have their been any other reports of "bad diesel" sold at the same station? You'd expect others to be having the same problem.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Options
    Lomast wrote: »
    ..I think you are going to have an uphill struggle.

He might struggle on the flat too with dodgy diesel in his tank.

:whistle:
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The saga continues:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income