Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all

Good luck with the points today if you shopping I am going to Sainsbury to check out prices DS has £15 off £50 on groceries

I am clearing out again

Catch you laters

Enjoy the day
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all :D

I've just had three Sunday papers shoved through my letterbox so hard that she broke the inside of it by pushing out the brush but :mad:

The weirdest part about that though is that they have delivered to the wrong house because we've never had papers delivered here :rotfl:

Someone had obviously complained about not getting their papers because someone had driven to deliver them :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Options
    i had a bit of a money dilemma this week. I was very kindly given a cheque by someone I'm doing some work for, but I'm paid by my company to do this persons work. It was a very generous payment compared to the work I've done :o I tried to decline it but was told that I should keep it :A the cheque is still waiting for me to decide whether I should bank it or not :o:o
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Options
    Not sure if I told you guys this - before I went on my hols, I popped out for lunch and found a new fiver on the ground :D :j

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    edited 16 October 2016 at 8:48AM
    Options
    Do we all know about the excellent wombling opportunities laid on to us by the Co-op?

They have this new loyalty card/membership scheme. You pay £1 and get a card that gives back a percentage of your spend on co-op branded goods to you and a smaller one to the community.

They can't add missed receipts in store so you have to do it online:cool:

Has done me quite well so far this week :D

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Amstel 650ml 88p @ Tesco Express - Stroud http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amstel-650ml-88p-tesco-express-stroud-2527735

Don't forget 50p cb on cos (x6)
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    No can use on anything they sell, just £10 splits hth

Except for spirits and liquers . Also not in Sainsbury's locals as I found out when in Liverpool yesterday so just returned my shopping :o

Good Morning all Pouring down here so no bootsale for me. I ll be going to Sainsbury s again for shopping I don't need. :) Thing is almost everything's dearer there so it's hard to find £10 s worth . Eg 4 Skol lagers £2.50 and £2 in Tesco .:(
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Morning.

My sains petrol station is excluded. Absolutely gutted. I think I'll go in store and try though. Does this work on clothes, toys, homeware? I might do my Xmas shopping! Can always stock up on things that I've not been able to get glitchy too.

Have most people been getting prizes or usually just the 200 points?

Good luck with it today :)

I haven't had a 200 pointer yet :cool:

*checks for typos....hits "submit"*

:rotfl:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can anyone help.

The vouchers/prizes that spit out at the till. Do they have to be added to the same nectar card that was swiped?

My nectar card has been cancelled because I haven't used it for over 12 months :eek: maybe I could use a friends card to swipe while I wait for replacement card?

I'm gutted
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 16 October 2016 at 8:57AM
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Morning.

My sains petrol station is excluded. Absolutely gutted. I think I'll go in store and try though. Does this work on clothes, toys, homeware? I might do my Xmas shopping! Can always stock up on things that I've not been able to get glitchy too.

Have most people been getting prizes or usually just the 200 points?

Good luck with it today :)

Morning all hope everyone is well.

Yes sparkly clothes, toys & homeware aswell as food. 200 is the one I've never had. I've had a fair few 2000 & 1000 & 500 but no 5000 as yet lol. Hth xx

EDIT - I've not had any 200
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure