IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ANNOYED1 wrote: »
    Having contacted tesco on this matter they are saying the disabled bays are for blue badge holders only and only for people with physical disabilities. They are completely ignoring the Equality Act and saying to take it up with the council.
    They are saying that people with mental health problems who need the bays cannot park there.
    Despite being told that Blue Badge scheme is for Council car parks and highways only.
    They say because other retailers do this so they will do this and that it is not illegal.
    They say to discuss the situation with customer service desk in store.
    Also was told that physical disabilities have more priorities than mental disabilities.

If i receive any PCN i will challenge them and make tesco compensate me for many additional distress caused by the situation. I advice others to do the same. Don't let them bully you.

This shows the total ignorance of Tesco and they will quickly fall foul of the Equality Act costing them money and a bad reputation.

What has it got to do with the council, someone at Tesco should be trained properly
  • ANNOYED1
    ANNOYED1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    who did you speak to ?

Ralph:cool:

Can't remember who i spoke to but they said the CEO office are aware of my complaint and their stance is that its blue badge holders only.
  • ANNOYED1
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    This shows the total ignorance of Tesco and they will quickly fall foul of the Equality Act costing them money and a bad reputation.

What has it got to do with the council, someone at Tesco should be trained properly

That is exactly what I said, it has nothing to do with council.
    Tesco are using bullying tactic to scare people.
    Maybe Tesco don't want people with mental health disabilities to use their stores because of the social stigma attached to it.
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The sooner they go bust the better and it is already happening.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can't remember who i spoke to but they said the CEO office are aware of my complaint and their stance is that its blue badge holders only.

Go straight to the CEO's office.
    ceo.customerservice@tesco.co.uk
  • ANNOYED1
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Go straight to the CEO's office.
    [EMAIL="ceo.customerservice@tesco.co.uk"]ceo.customerservice@tesco.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Thanks, I will write a complaint when I have time. Everyone should write a complaint and maybe they will get the message.
  • ANNOYED1
    Options
    I forgot to add, I was asked if my disability means that it is appropriate for me to take the parking space over a wheelchair user. Was they wrong in asking this?
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not disabled enough to qualify for a Blue Badge - yet.

I don't park in the disabled bays as there are loads of people with more acute problems than I have and I would hate to deny them a space.

So in the meantime I park in the Parent and Child bays.

I get some funny looks and the odd comment but I couldn't care less.

As I live in Scotland, Tesco can go take a hike.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So they invoice the driver & driver doesn't have blue badge, then what. Take them to court. Passenger has the blue badge

That would be fun - worlds easiest defence.
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I forgot to add, I was asked if my disability means that it is appropriate for me to take the parking space over a wheelchair user. Was they wrong in asking this?

It is wrong to discriminate against all disabled people with protected characteristics as detailed in the EA 2010. This also includes nursing mothers with a young baby. Who are Tesco to say one person's disability is worse that someone else's?
    Sorry, only quadraplegics can park here, not someone with only one leg, or, you can't park here because you only have heart failure and don't look disabled.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business