I want 32 inch internal doors

Options

Comments

• Purdy_1
    Purdy_1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    I had to order my 32" wide doors but they do other sizes instore aswell in the Broadland range. I also needed smaller doors which were bought there and then. I think we paid about £26 per door.
  • fatblokexl
    fatblokexl Posts: 456 Forumite
    Options
    it is all well and good resizing the door frame and something we had considered but when we bought our suite it only just fitted through the door frame so reducing it would mean, if we moved, lugging it out of the patio doors, asking the neighbours if we can lump it over the fence, through their garden etc to get it to the removal van (mid terrace living has more than 1 downside).

not too much of an issue as we have alright neighbours, but i hate to think what we would need to do if they were bad ones.

also the doors we are looking for would need to be mainly glass. either half glass or 12panelled.
    i will take a look at some of the sites mentioned above for inspiration
    fatblokexl
    :EasterBun:
  • Chumana
    Chumana Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    My interior doors are 31 3/4" (807mm) wide, which is a size I just can't seem to find anywhere. Would it be possible to buy 32" doors and cut off a 1/4" down the inner length?

Also, is it possible to do this with the painted white woodgrain effect doors without damaging them?
  • EasilyAggravated
    Options
    Chumana wrote:
    My interior doors are 31 3/4" (807mm) wide, which is a size I just can't seem to find anywhere. Would it be possible to buy 32" doors and cut off a 1/4" down the inner length?

Also, is it possible to do this with the painted white woodgrain effect doors without damaging them?

it would be a little less than 1/4 from each side due to the gap needed. so yes it would
  • adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jbkind do quite a few 813mm doors

see

https://www.jbkind.com

all good builders merchants stock jbkind (or can get them)
  • Lifesaver
    Options
    I managed to get some from B&Q Warehouse, they stock several styles at 32 and 33 inch widths.

Thanks B&Q :T
  • rick0145
    Options
    Not allowed to post links so type doorstoresonline into search and spend some time on this site, it is likely to be the one you need.

Cheers
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rick0145 wrote: »
    Not allowed to post links so type doorstoresonline into search and spend some time on this site, it is likely to be the one you need.

Cheers
    Rick, do you think anyone on this post might still be looking for doors?

Last post was over three years ago. ;)
  • leveller2911
    leveller2911 Posts: 8,061 Forumite
    Options
    vhvec wrote: »
    AAC Doors.
    32 x 80 and they have loads.
    In the midlands.
    You can always search ebay for interior doors and these are on there too.

Jeezuz only 5 yrs too late, thats the 2nd thread you've posted on and both times you reccomend the same company... May be an idea to read the rules ;)
  • oz0707
    oz0707 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've heard AAC are terrible. Always sending the wrong stuff and massively overpriced.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure