Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• debtfreedaisy
    Options
    Well after several requests for further details from TC, I have finally received some details. Possibly the most unprofessional email I have ever received. Would any of the more knowledgable posters mind if I sent them a PM with details? Looking for a little reassurance that my understanding of the Reg is correct and if the email helps me at all
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    debtfree - just post it up so we can have a look. To be frank its unlikely to surprise most of us, whatever is its contents...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • debtfreedaisy
    Options
    Hi Jpears, I am reluctant to post it up as or would make me very identifiable - it looks like it was written by a seven year old.. In a rush, with English as their second language
  • bazaar_2
    bazaar_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jpears, I am reluctant to post it up as or would make me very identifiable - it looks like it was written by a seven year old.. In a rush, with English as their second language
    copy the text minus your personal stuff and the dates etc. itll be a copy of something used before.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Possily PM it to Cetipede, see if it is a "stock" defence?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2013 at 1:01PM
    Options
    i've also decided to go to bott and co to see if they can claim it on our behalf. For a number of reasons - we booked seperately as there was 40 quid difference between booking together and booking seperately so would have to go to court twice should it have got that far. I just think a bit of something for me is better than a lot of nothing, especially as the whole holiday itself cost less than 250 I think it was as i booked it all seperately so if I do end up getting the 67% left it works out about 230 quid which i will be more than happy with - if that is though. The worse thing about it is the person I went with asked if i was sure about booking it seperately. Would have been easier doing it together looking back at it now from this point of view
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've also decided to go to bott and co to see if they can claim it on our behalf. For a number of reasons - we booked seperately as there was 40 quid difference between booking together and booking seperately so would have to go to court twice should it have got that far. I just think a bit of something for me is better than a lot of nothing, especially as the whole holiday itself cost less than 250 I think it was as i booked it all seperately so if I do end up getting the 67% left it works out about 230 quid which i will be more than happy with - if that is though. The worse thing about it is the person I went with asked if i was sure about booking it seperately. Would have been easier doing it together looking back at it now from this point of view
    Cannot argue with that 2/3 of a cake is better than nowt
  • weegi1985_2
    Options
    w4ynee wrote: »
    Hi all hope somebody can assist me
    I was unlucky enough with my family to be on the above flight
    long story short 17+ hour delay so I sent the template claim letter for 600 euro each x3 =1800 today after only 4 days I received the following.
    "Having carried out a full investigation into the delay to your flight, a payment of compensation is applicable in line with Regulation 261/2004. I have taken the liberty of enclosing a discount voucher to the value of £1056.00, which equates to a payment of £352.00 per person. This voucher can be used against the cost of a future holiday with us, full terms and conditions of which are on the reverse".

I like the bit that says "I have taken the liberty"
    correct I think you are lol

So basically I know we are entitled to 600euro each as compensation which is roughly £520 each so to me that's a minimum of £1500 as a cash payment not a voucher.

Can anyone give me any advice on my next email to Thomas Cook. As to the content that I should be writing.

many thanks in advance
    Wayne

I'm just about to pop my letter in the post for this flight too! Did you manage to get cash instead of the vouchers?

I'll keep you posted on how I get on!
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They should have got some mail from me today via Northampton now we wait and see
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • aylin_2
    aylin_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Update...
    Thomas Cook admitted liability and say they will pay my £350 next week..... I'm not hanging by my thumbnails waiting though. If anyone else was on this flight you may have a claim too.

Sincere thanks to all the contributors on this forum for all their invaluable help and advice. Yes, it is laborious going through all the posts. It is time well spent. If you think you have a claim don't be lazy most of the work has already been done for you , you just have to search.[/QUOTE] Cheers to all for your help.:beer:

Hooray..... they said they would credit my bank on Friday 16th Aug... The money actually went in ... result.:T
    I now have to follow my other two outstanding flights through court process.. I will keep forum informed. The NBA finishes on 22nd so then I am onto small claims.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure