We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Comments

• BritRael
    BritRael Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    I've just got an e-mail telling me that I've won 1,000,000 euro's!!!

Thats it!! I'm gonna jack my job in and retire immediately!! See ya suckers!! I'll e-mail you from some exotic island :)
    Marching On Together

I've upped my standards...so up yours! :)
  • sallymcp
    sallymcp Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got a call yesterday sating i had won a competition through win 4 now which i did enter, they recited all my answers back to me.
    They said i had won a holiday in Porugal, Costa del Sol or Tenerife for four people including return flights, but then said i had to pay £29 admin fee and attend a seminar with my partner.
    I know its a time share hard sell thing but surely i can play them, attend the seminar (not get roped into buying!) then get a holiday for £29?
    Am i doing the right thing?
  • mrsmiow
    mrsmiow Posts: 3 Newbie
    Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I did enter the competition and I have a name for the company and address but I am very very sceptical about all this. What do you think?

the company is called cover girl its a scam give them my details and they took double that out of my account, everyone who signs up WINS glad you didt fall for it like me
  • mhollins83
    mhollins83 Posts: 750
    Forumite
    Hi all,

I've just had a missed call from 01908 307169 and decided to google the number. All I could find was a website called frostartwork.com. Could this be a competition win? I have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help please?

Chelle
    xxx
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    mhollins83 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've just had a missed call from 01908 307169 and decided to google the number. All I could find was a website called frostartwork.com. Could this be a competition win? I have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help please?

Chelle
    xxx
    well icame up with he is an artist on google and if you put win artwork in the search at top of page there are quite a few comps you can check good luck:D
  • mhollins83
    mhollins83 Posts: 750
    Forumite
    Thanks Rosemac - I decided to email him today and just got a response - It was just a wrong number. He'd tried to call his wife (who's number is only 1 digit different from mine) but misdialled and got me lol! :rolleyes: So no win for me :rotfl:
  • Not sure if this is the right thread, but..
    Has anyone recieved an email titled "Your plasma TV it's on it's way - on us"?
    I didn't open it because it had been blocked by hotmail but just wanted to check before I delete it.
    Thanks in advance.
    September Wins: Avon Lipstick * Lipgloss * £25 * Cocktail Set
    :j
  • enigmaL
    enigmaL Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Club La Costa (CLC) doing the rounds. Again:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ('We're calling about an internet survey you did LAST YEAR':confused: Why phone now then????:rolleyes:) How many times do I need to tell them I'm not interested. A lot I'm guessing.

Annoying:mad:
  • hrafndot
    hrafndot Posts: 2,155 Forumite
    Mum got this email today saying she had won a cruise and holiday - is it a scam?
    header_jane_UK.jpg YOU RECENTLY ENTERED OUR ONLINE DRAW
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    *** £800 Value Award ***
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902
    Forumite
    hrafndot wrote: »
    Mum got this email today saying she had won a cruise and holiday - is it a scam?
    header_jane_UK.jpg YOU RECENTLY ENTERED OUR ONLINE DRAW
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    *** £800 Value Award ***

Is it this one?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1776045
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business