Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

well ive just posted letter to bank asking for details of charges so here goes

Comments

• Hi all ,

i was wondering if anybody out there has claimed off the coop bank yet .

Any information would be appreciated
  • I'm sure there are other threads re Cooperative bank but it seems quite difficult to find using the search.
  • Thanks Edinburghlass,

i couldnt find any either so i thought i'd start a new thread about the coop bank and keep tabs on the replies
  • jackieB_5
    jackieB_5 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I was fuming as they charged me £105 spread over three days with three envelopes charging me £35 each item I had gone overdrawn with. I have followed Martins format and wrote requesting my money back. That was a fortnight ago. I have opened a parachute account.
    I have now gone to stage two and am about to post the threat of court action letter as they have not replied to the first. All they did was to offer me a premium account!!.
    Watch this space.
  • Hi JackieB ,

please keep me informed of developements with the cooperative bank as i intend to claim off them when i recieve my list of charges
  • have sent letter off asking co op bank to refund charges with interest on my credit card account. Gave them 14 days to reply but nothing yet one week to go before I send next letter before taking court action.
  • jackieB_5
    I had a letter back saying there were sorry I am disappointed about their service and a customer services chap would be ringing me within 7 days after they view the account urgently.
    7 days were up yesterday and no one rang. So I plan to send them a letter today threatening court action if they dont cough up!!.
  • The co op have sent me a letter and enclosing dates, commission, then debit interest and the last column is fees, so I am quite confused which columns I should claim back from can anyone help me understand this?
  • jackieB_5
    All I got was a grovelling letter saying they were sorry about the service and they would look into it . I phoned thgem yesterday and the guy told me the 7 days were not up till wednesday(today) and said someone will phone. I told him I had the letter ready to post re threatening them with court action. So if I dont get satisfaction by 5pm I will post the letter. I also wrote to the Independant newspaper about the co-op bank as they also are campaigning against excessive bank charges.
    Ive opened a parachute account just in case.
  • well i sent my letter asking for details of charges but have heard nothing my chq has not been cashed i didnt send it by recorded delivery so maybe they will say they not had it any ideas anybody?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure