NRAM ERC refund coming soon...

Comments

• damory
    damory Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2011 at 9:22AM
    Called and quoted Leta's post and got told, after checking with a manager, they were unaware of any such scheme and to 'check the NRAM website'. I asked if there was any plans for such a scheme and got the same standard reply :(

Is there some special codeword I need to give Leta!!

Atb

Damory
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the info Picardygirl!

My Mortgage adviser friend is going to look into this today, so if i hear anything different i'll post it hear!
  • NRAM are going to get a few calls today about this today ........
  • Quigibo
    Quigibo Posts: 29 Forumite
    Just spoke to NRAM,I asked about settling my fixed rate with ends in Aug now without the ERC, the chap said "there is something that is being sorted out, but its still very early days."

I also asked if my mortgage was going to full term (Aug) when should I contact my Broker, he suggested that NRAM will be offering an independant broker service after the 14th Feb and maybe I should make first contact then just to get the ball rolling.
  • Ju&Mel
    Ju&Mel Posts: 249 Forumite
    :(

If they are 'sorting' this out, do you think they will be refunding?
    E.g if we settle our mortgage in the next month or 2, we'd get the ERC refunded when it does come about?
  • Quigibo
    Quigibo Posts: 29 Forumite
    Ju&Mel wrote: »
    :(If they are 'sorting' this out, do you think they will be refunding?

They were very vague, I asked them to clarify what they were sorting out and they wouldn't. So I don't know if the "Deal" even included ERC's.
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    I forgot all about this today so haven't rung them, am very disappointed to hear that on the whole NRAM are saying nothing is happening :( Might try in a couple of days just to see, not holding out too much hope though. Would be great if the OP could elaborate/clarify though...
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • Blodwen wrote: »
    Would be great if the OP could elaborate/clarify though...

Exactly what i've been thinking all day ! :think:

Leta21 where are you on the day youve said to us ring NRAM?
  • His response is positive see below. I suggest that everyone else write to their MP too. NRAM should not take the ERC as they are unable to offer an alternative and should not be compensated for the loss of custom. They are meant to reducing their overall mortgage book)

"Many thanks for getting in touch with me, and I am very sorry to hear of your frustration and particular trouble.

I’m actually going to write to the Minister on this, to get an answer from the top, which is no more than you deserve in these circumstances."

I called NRAM and no news on waiver the fees....
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    rimbot wrote: »
    NRAM should not take the ERC as they are unable to offer an alternative and should not be compensated for the loss of custom.

No different to any other lender. There's no guarantees of being offered another product as you may not meet the criteria.

You signed the contractual terms for the product. So unless there's a general waiver then sit it out or pay up.

It is taxpayers money at stake so we all have a vested interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure