B&Q Kitchen Cupboard doors £1 online

Comments

• Knight
    Knight Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for posting this. Went last night and bought 16 doors/drawers to replace our old and tired units. Only sign in Chelmsford B&Q was one kitchen per customer. No trouble just buying the doors/drawers. Store had plenty of Walnut and Cherry. Maple was running low on some of the items.
  • Thanks OP. Well spotted.
    I Have ordered doors for my kitchen. A grand total of £20 inc delivery.
    Will have to look around for some handles now. The ones we have at the moment are knobs & they wont go with this style of door.
    Still no hurry - the doors are not being delivered until the 22nd July.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Went back this morning, and there is a big sign in the entrance saying that the doors are £1 when bought as part of a complete kitchen.

Went in and got the doors and went to checkout expecting a row. The girl scanned them through and then said she didn't believe the total amount, we had over £400 worth of doors for £25. Paid by debit card, and straight out :j

I think B & Q intended this to be a sweetner to encourage people to buy a complet kitchen, so anyone thinking of getting the doors, I would go quickly before B & Q realise what's going on.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap handles and worktops ;)
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    IKea are good for cheap handles and also cheap worktops
  • just ordered by tele 6 doors for £6,del next week except for the glass fronted ones which are del end september,still a great buy!!!!
  • specsappeal
    specsappeal Posts: 593 Forumite
    just got all my doors - total of £12. ordered instore and should be here next week. chuffed to bits!! :j
  • Jabberwock
    Jabberwock Posts: 109 Forumite
    Tried to order mine online but the website would not proceed to the payments page so just gave them a ring and ordered them by phone, £23.00 delivered for 18 doors. Fantastic bargain, thank you so much for this :beer:
  • pepperoni_2
    pepperoni_2 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    I assume these doors do not come with hinges and you are supposed to use your original ones. Are people finding that they fit okay and I've noticed on the B&Q photo's the doors fit flush within the cabinet carcass whereas most I've seen and currently have fit pround of the carcass; is everyone finding these are fitting okay? Thanks :)
  • likabu_2
    likabu_2 Posts: 408 Forumite
    pepperoni wrote: »
    I assume these doors do not come with hinges and you are supposed to use your original ones. Are people finding that they fit okay and I've noticed on the B&Q photo's the doors fit flush within the cabinet carcass whereas most I've seen and currently have fit pround of the carcass; is everyone finding these are fitting okay? Thanks :)

We went to buy some this morning. You do have to use your original hinges but they fit just great. The kitchen doors we took off must be years and years old and the carcasses likewise. Looks fab, we got the cherry doors. Lucky we wanted those as that's all the Wrexham store had in stock although we were told that they could order in if need be.

Lisa
    Brassic!
  • berry_2-2
    berry_2-2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm having the same thoughts about plinths/carcasses etc as pepperoni... Can't seem to find any and I really don't want to buy the special base cabinets. In fact - I can't even find them online. The only ones for IT kitchens are white.

Still, I think I might get them. May be able to track mouldings and plinths down later.

Happy DIYing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport