Debt Free by 24

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I am currently working through a 1L bottle of shower gel that I just had to have. Needless to say, I am sick of the stuff, but it has been a valuable learning experience. :rotfl:

Did you know you can use it to clean the shower as well as cleaning yourself? :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    angelpye wrote: »
    Hi Velvet Freak, well done on getting to the next stage of interviews. I would suggest making sure you are dressed professionally with shoes on even though its a telephone interview. I used to work with clients over the phone and always felt when I was dressed for work I was much more professional and productive. Also do something calming before hand if you can.

...and smile when you answer the phone. Somehow that comes across too!

• VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your tips guys. :p

Well I went out this morning and bought some clothes in case I get called in for a regular interview. Had set a budget of $50, and only spent $48, so am happy about that. Will return them if I don't end up needing them.

I am starting to get very, very nervous about the interview tomorrow. I'm going to sit down and write out my answers for the "common interview questions" (thanks google) and list out some of the questions to ask if they ask me if I have any. Hopefully that will make me feel a bit better. I have this weird feeling like I'm procrastinating, even though I don't think I am :huh::huh::huh:

I think I'm more nervous about getting on my lunch break in time for them to call, than the actual interview itself.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done on getting through to the interview stage. Good luck with the interview!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You'll be fine, good luck.

Pmo2
    X
  • VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both x
  • Macey1510
    Macey1510 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with your interview...hope it goes well!
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Lots of good wishes from me too xx

• VelvetFreak
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your well wishes for the interview. I almost had a bit of a nervous breakdown this afternoon, I ended up on the bed under a blanket, basically freaking out. I had a bit of a nap, and I feel much better now. I feel really unprepared, but I have prepared as much as I can. Have researched the company, planned answers for common interview questions, etc. :eek:

My cat has been causing me trouble. She has peed on the carpet and also managed to set her tail on fire, all in the one day. I cleaned out the laundry room today. I knew it was a mess, but didn't realise how much clay litter she had kicked around in there. It is everywhere, under everything. I swept up as most of it as I could, and scrubbed the floor, but it's still everywhere.:mad::mad:

Don't get me wrong, I love my pets, and I wouldn't trade that furball for the world. But they can be a real pain in the you know what sometimes. Between the litter and the fur everywhere (I think she is part persian, sheds like crazy) I can barely keep up. The fish are no better, between trashing their tank and trying to kill each other, I don't know who is worse. I can honestly say, that after the cat, I will probably never have another furry pet. They wreck your house. Anyways, that is my rant for the day. In the end, I am thankful that my pets are healthy and happy.
  • VelvetFreak
    Options
    Well I guess I wasn't finished ranting yet.

I am going to have to implement some sort of a Serious Cleaning Schedule. The laundry was a bit of a wake up call for me. I like to think that I am pretty good at keeping up with house work, but I am starting to think perhaps not so much. I am good at washing and vacuuming and making the bed. That's pretty much it. Everything else I pretty much only ever do when it mood strikes. I don't know if it's the cat shedding constantly, or simply the fact that it's an older house (therefore harder to clean?). But my house always feels a little bit filthy. I hate carpet. Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure