Boston Duvet & Pillow Company

Comments

• How do I know that the feathers and down used is not plucked from live birds? This seems to be common practice and I don't think I could sleep easy under that cruelty. Only two well known brands ensure that products used are by products of food preparation (i.e. Animals already slaughtered). Are you the third?
  • Can you really stomach one? If you're not aware how quilt 'down' and feathers are collected, you'd probably be horrified to learn the full answer. Artifical fillings may not be quite as good, but what price compassion?

Definitely worth a quick viewing rather than buying , hearing from someone else later, and then feeling uncomfortable about it every time you go to bed. As other posters have said, theirs have been marked made in China. The cheaper the product, the more likely its going to be from China or other places that have this cruel quick way of getting the down they want.
    http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=50952
  • I bought a duvet & 2 pillows on the Saturday and they were delivered that Tuesday. They are GREAT quality, well packaged. The labels had not been removed and the discount code worked for me. Very happy girl - thanks MSE!
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Can you really stomach one? If you're not aware how quilt 'down' and feathers are collected, you'd probably be horrified to learn the full answer. Artifical fillings may not be quite as good, but what price compassion?

Definitely worth a quick viewing rather than buying , hearing from someone else later, and then feeling uncomfortable about it every time you go to bed. As other posters have said, theirs have been marked made in China. The cheaper the product, the more likely its going to be from China or other places that have this cruel quick way of getting the down they want.
    http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=50952

Gosh, that's awful. I couldn't even bear to watch the video.

No feather or down will be coming into this house. I'm not sure which suppliers can be trusted and it seems easier to just avoid it.
  • Just tried to order a pillow and pay via PayPal. Was not directed to PayPal.
  • matt38
    matt38 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I ordered the 13.5 tog 'eco' duvet (two duvets - 4.5 + 9 tog) for the bargain price of £15.73 including P&P. Ordered at 1.25am on Wednesday 16th November, delivered by UK Mail next day, lunchtime today, 17th. Can't fault the service!

No problems copy/pasting the discount code or paying via PayPal.

The duvets were packaged in plain plastic wrapping and have no tags but there was a sheet of paper with wash instructions.

The duvets are light and fluffy and the thicker one in particular feels very cosy. They are well made with a lovely soft cotton cover. They have large poppers in the corners to join them up for winter.

I haven't used an 'eco' duvet before but for that price I wanted to give them a try and so far it's a thumbs up from me.

Thanks MSE!
    Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light...:A
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    ive just ordered so ill keep you informed, more good comments than bad so we will see. had no probs re code etc
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • ANGLICANPAT
    ANGLICANPAT Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    Gosh, that's awful. I couldn't even bear to watch the video.

No feather or down will be coming into this house. I'm not sure which suppliers can be trusted and it seems easier to just avoid it.

So nice to know that there are still some people who care enough to want to avoid supporting animal suffering .Nice one ripplyuk.
  • Uk Mail

I ordered 2 x double and 1x single duvets. Received an email from uk-mail to say they will arrive on 21 November between 16.15 and 17.15....they didn't arrive

Sent a message to uk mail on their customer services page asking where the package was but receive a bog standard reply stating I have to rearrange delivery date with no explanation why it hadn't been delivered on due date and time

Rang them up and it is an automated reply asking for consignment number...after which the automated reply came that it is due today (22nd) still nothing yet at 17.10
  • Went to order prices came up as on MSE site but then VAT was added at checkout didn':(t complete order
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure