Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Yesterday I bought the Aunt Bessie desserts and a bottle of Guinness and uploaded my receipt to clicksnap as usual, 4 receipts. After I pressed submit we usually get an ID number which I write on the receipt incase of problems.
    Worryingly there was no ID number so I had no certainty that the receipt had been accepted but I thought it must just be a fluke.
    This morning there is no sign of the receipt tracking so I uploaded it again. And again no ID number.

If there is a problem with Quidco would it not be better to put some sort of warning message on the website asking people to hold off uploading receipts until its fixed?

Hey @mhoc

Sorry to hear that you have had that issue.

Are you able to get in touch with us via Twitter or Facebook so we can look at your specific account and take a look at that for you.

Kind regards,

Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • voodooflux
    Options
    When a cashback is declined for competing cookies and the cashback is paid to another referral body, we are not provided with details of where that cashback was paid to.

The issue here Joseph is that for the life of me I can't see how there could be a competing cookie - I hadn't previously clicked through to Tesco from any other referral site! Something is definitely not right here, and I'm getting the runaround from both Quidco and Tesco.

I'm awaiting another reply from Tesco, but if that proves to be fruitless then I'll have no alternative other than to raise this with the Financial Ombudsman.
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey @mamabuddah,

I am sorry that you have not received that bonus. I can can not locate your account with the details on this thread to sort that for you.

I will however be look into that should you send a message to members@quidco.com with the subject line: 'FAO Social Team MSE' along with the concerns raised in your posts here.

As regards your premium membership concern: To explain, before 15th April 2013, all accounts were subject to £5 being retained from your annual earnings.

On 15th April we introduced the free, Basic account. The normal account then became the Premium account, so your account hasn't changed as such.

If you would like to downgrade to the free basic account, I can certainly arrange this for you with no issues at all, and you will not be charged any further £5 retention fees in addition to a refund of this year's retained amounts.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

All very well, but I'm convinced that all those years ago you had the opportunity to either opt in or opt out, I remember thinking at the time it wasn't worth the fiver as I was in the process of "jumping ship" to join TopCashback instead, as the £5 didn't seem to get you much...which with hindsight seems to be the case....
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    could the quidco rep please let us know what is going on with clicksnap.i uploaded 2 receipts for the guinness for mine and my oh`s accounts on thursday but still no sign of them in the accounts.brought the amstel today paid at £1.68 instead of the £2 i paid.nobody replying to queries on facebook or to a claim i put in last week for missing energy cashback from last year.worrying.:(
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2017 at 7:38PM
    Options
    I think Quidco needs to get their act together....after complaining on here about their lack of urgency in sorting their £10 bonus promised in November (last year) and emailing their "web team" on here, and the various support messages, they now have a cheek to ask "what bonus....was it in an email, was it on a web page (what's the link?)

Quidco, you advertised from memory, it was a while ago, via an email, with a link to the Quidco site, offering £10 bonus for purchases from argos by clicking on your link on your site...if it helps I think the offer ended on or about the 23rd november

DO REMEMBER WHAT YOU OFFERED NOW,

Incidently, I'm not the only person that hasn't been paid via the Offer YOU (QUIDCO) made.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • yellow44
    yellow44 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    mamabuddah wrote: »
    I think Quidco needs to get their act together....after complaining on here about their lack of urgency in sorting their £10 bonus promised in November (last year) and emailing their "web team" on here, and the various support messages, they now have a cheek to ask "what bonus....was it in an email, was it on a web page (what's the link?)

Quidco, you advertised from memory, it was a while ago, via an email, with a link to the Quidco site, offering £10 bonus for purchases from argos by clicking on your link on your site...if it helps I think the offer ended on or about the 23rd november

Incidently, I'm not the only person that hasn't been paid via the Offer YOU (QUIDCO) made.

That's quite concerning, I am another waiting for 2 Argos payments which are still showing as pending from 20th November.
    If I recall correctly it was 10% cashback and was definitely a Quidco special offer.
    Options
    voodooflux wrote: »
    The issue here Joseph is that for the life of me I can't see how there could be a competing cookie - I hadn't previously clicked through to Tesco from any other referral site! Something is definitely not right here, and I'm getting the runaround from both Quidco and Tesco.

I'm awaiting another reply from Tesco, but if that proves to be fruitless then I'll have no alternative other than to raise this with the Financial Ombudsman.

Hey @voodooflux

I can certainly understand your point of view and empathise with how frustrating that can be, believe me.

It certainly doesn't help that the referral site can range from search engines rather than just other referral sites.

If we could find out the referral commission has been paid to, that would be a welcome change and certainly help in dealing with matters such as these.

I can assure you that positive changes are being made to make the cashback process as flawless as can possibly be so that this happens less.

Nevertheless, I certainly hope that the response from the retailer yields a more positive response.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    Options
    could the quidco rep please let us know what is going on with clicksnap.i uploaded 2 receipts for the guinness for mine and my oh`s accounts on thursday but still no sign of them in the accounts.brought the amstel today paid at £1.68 instead of the £2 i paid.nobody replying to queries on facebook or to a claim i put in last week for missing energy cashback from last year.worrying.:(

Hey @bargainqueen8

We are aware of that Clicksnap matter, and have the tech team on it to try and get that fixed asap.

Responses or updates to claims will often come according the time it takes a retailer to process claims. That processing time will often be listed on the retailer's Quidco page. If that is not listed on the retailer page in question, do let us know and we will check that for you.

Claims will often take more time to be processed compared to normal transactions, due to the fact that various checks and hand-offs have to be conducted by other third parties (including the retailer) to process and approve your claim.

However, as soon as a response is received... You will be the first to know via the notifications on your account.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Options
    mamabuddah wrote: »

Hey @mamabuddah,

I have responded top the message that you sent into mebers@quidco.com detailing why you were asked the above question, so do have a look at that when you can and let me know whether my response has arrived.

The reason for that response from our support team was due to a lack of an opt-in to the any November bonuses with Argos in November.

I run a search for your all your opt-ins from November onwards... and was able to find one in December.

This means the system would have only paid a bonus on a qualifying purchase in December rather than November.

I hope this helps in clarifying matters.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Options
    yellow44 wrote: »
    That's quite concerning, I am another waiting for 2 Argos payments which are still showing as pending from 20th November.
    If I recall correctly it was 10% cashback and was definitely a Quidco special offer.

Hey @yellow44,

We will work to have them processed for you on time, with the rates that were live at the time.

As soon as an update is received to the cashbacks, you'll be the first to know via the notifications/ updates on your account.

Side Note: Like you, I am waiting on a cashback from a 4K TV purchase with Argos in November and can't wait to see that come through too.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback