Microwave refunded but NOT collected - Can I keep it?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 October 2016 at 10:46PM
    naedanger wrote: »
    Well one Amazon customer got to keep £3,600 worth of stuff sent to him by mistake.
    That's all well and good, but Asda didn't send the Microwave by mistake, The OP has had a refund on an item which has yet to be returned.
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    That's all well and good, but Asda didn't send the Microwave by mistake, The OP has had a refund on an item which has yet to bet returned,

They may not have sent it by mistake but the only reason they don't have it back is because their agent has failed to collect it on three separate occasions.
  • My final word on this subject is that I'll be very surprised if the OP is gifted this item. There is no computer glitch, no mistake, simply a failure to collect . Asda has six years in which to resolve this.
  • naedanger
    My final word on this subject is that I'll be very surprised if the OP is gifted this item. There is no computer glitch, no mistake, simply a failure to collect . Asda has six years in which to resolve this.

I think the op has been very accommodating of Asda's failures, far more than I would have been.

If a delivery company failed to collect from me, having had a whole day to do so, and without any explanation, then I would not be making further arrangements. I would tell them what hours I was usually home, but with no guarantees, and then put the item at the back of a cupboard. If they called when I was in then I would be happy to return their item. But I certainly would not be making special arrangements to be sure to be in when they called.
  • Thanks for your answer but I've gone past that stage now - I want to put in a complaint.

They gave me a fake number for their Head Office, they say they're going to phone me back and they don't. Plus, they've told me twice that they can't deal with mebbecause their systems are down, but I think they were just trying to get rid of me!

They've obv got me down as a difficult customer but I just want them to collect their item!
  • Thought OP said it was "unsuitable", not faulty?

Yes, it's absolutely massive. Kitchen counter space is limited in my flat. I now have a 20 litre microwave. The first one was 48 litres (I think)
  • naedanger
    anirah2 wrote: »
    Thanks for your answer but I've gone past that stage now - I want to put in a complaint.

They gave me a fake number for their Head Office, they say they're going to phone me back and they don't. Plus, they've told me twice that they can't deal with mebbecause their systems are down, but I think they were just trying to get rid of me!

They've obv got me down as a difficult customer but I just want them to collect their item!

I suggest your complaint is now directly solely at Asda, as they are contractually responsible to you, including for their delivery agent's (i.e. Yodel's) performance.
  • naedanger wrote: »
    I think the op has been very accommodating of Asda's failures, far more than I would have been.

If a delivery company failed to collect from me, having had a whole day to do so, and without any explanation, then I would not be making further arrangements. I would tell them what hours I was usually home, but with no guarantees, and then put the item at the back of a cupboard. If they called when I was in then I would be happy to return their item. But I certainly would not be making special arrangements to be sure to be in when they called.

I think I've been very accommodating too!
  • Since he's hoping to sell it, I'd wager it was refunded as unsuitable. I sincerely doubt the OP will be allowed to keep the item regardless; so all this discussion is moot.

That's all well and good, but Asda didn't send the Microwave by mistake, The OP has had a refund on an item which has yet to be returned.
    They may not have sent it by mistake but the only reason they don't have it back is because their agent has failed to collect it on three separate occasions.

My final word on this subject is that I'll be very surprised if the OP is gifted this item. There is no computer glitch, no mistake, simply a failure to collect . Asda has six years in which to resolve this.

I hope naedanger is right but I fear Moneyineptitude is right
  • naedanger wrote: »
    I suggest your complaint is now directly solely at Asda, as they are contractually responsible to you, including for their delivery agent's (i.e. Yodel's) performance.

Agreed, thx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport