Storage auctions in the UK?

Comments

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Watched one the other night about a salvage yard in Wales. The guy bought chairs that I would have skipped and drove miles in a massive van and came back virtually empty.

If I travelled that far, I would want the van full to bursting
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Hi guys,
    I have been looking for these auctions,but cannot find them anywhere,do we have these in the UK or are we late at catching on as per usual!!!
    Zoe xx
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    daisygrubb wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have been looking for these auctions,but cannot find them anywhere,do we have these in the UK or are we late at catching on as per usual!!!
    Zoe xx
    As far as I know they don't exist here and I'm in the auction business. The way they appear to do it in the US is to do two or three units at a time, that probably wouldn't be practical here and having been in a few of these storage places I doubt it would be allowed on health and safety grounds.

If they do use auction houses I assume they get the auctioneers to empty the units and resell from their premises, either that or they sell the contents of units owing rent direct to third parties.

I'd be happy to arrange one if any storage company wanted an auctioneer of my calibre;)
  • CouponWoman
    CouponWoman Posts: 6,065 Forumite
    You can now buy the American Pickers dvds.

Also I think Storage Wars as well.

You can even buy signed photos of the regulars for sale on ebay.

xx
  • charlies_mum
    There was a news clip earlier this week about Storage Wars. Someone found $500,000 worth of pirate coins in a locker they paid $600 for
  • Do I watch Storage Wars on TV?

Yuuuuuuuup ! :rotfl:
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There was a news clip earlier this week about Storage Wars. Someone found $500,000 worth of pirate coins in a locker they paid $600 for
    Who was it, do you know? I hope it wasn't dave, and barry doesn't need the money, I'd like to see Brandi get that one.
  • charlies_mum
    bris wrote: »
    Who was it, do you know? I hope it wasn't dave, and barry doesn't need the money, I'd like to see Brandi get that one.

All they would say is that it wasn't one of the regulars.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bris wrote: »

I don't know what order they are being shown in in the UK but Dave Hestor does seem to have some issues doesn't he. As for Darrell is it me or is he always burnt to a crisp with sunburn?
    All they would say is that it wasn't one of the regulars.

I suppose we might well get 'new' regulars in the future, but I hope they show the Pirate coins being found
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    soolin wrote: »

I suppose we might well get 'new' regulars in the future, but I hope they show the Pirate coins being found

I think they said that it wasn't filmed. :(

Have you looked at Dave Hester's profile on Facebook ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport