advice on what treadmill to buy needed

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mooch1uk wrote: »
    Hi

I want to buy a treadmill. I am looking at the York 101, Roger Black Gold or Reebok. Not sure which one to buy, any advice?

Thanks

Just buy another wardrobe & stop being silly;) ;)

Isn't that what everyone ends up using them as?:rotfl:
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MrsE wrote: »

Isn't that what everyone ends up using them as?:rotfl:
    Not sure that is necessary MrsE. Personally, i like a treadmill, but then, I was a hamster in my previous life.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mind you, i wouldn't say no to a roger black...
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    MrsE wrote: »

Isn't that what everyone ends up using them as?
    :rotfl:

Nope , my husband uses ours several times a week. Although I admit if it was just down to me , it would be a clothes hanger as i've only ever been on it 2 or 3 times :o

Ours is the Horizon Fitness Quantum II HRC (found this one on Ebay)
    Same old same old since 2008

• Can anyone help i am looking to to buy the Roger Black gold that is on offer at Argos but i would like to know the size of the motor and can not find the info anywhere. can you help

Many thanks
  • tonyhamm
    tonyhamm Posts: 221 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2009 at 9:42AM
    I don't have a manual as I bought it 2nd hand, but I will say that I calculated the power of the machine at 1.5kWh from my power meter and looking at its energy consumption when using it at a decent running pace, so its motor is at least 1.5kW and given that i could double the speed from there I would say its over 2kW max rating.

You should'nt get too caught up with the motor spec alone. Owning one - With this machine everything is excellent and decent quality.
    I think you will be very well pleased at all aspects of the machine - footfall area, treadmill size, motor power, incline motor. It really is as good as the ones in the gym.

And yes - 1 hour on the treadmill costs 20p. in elecy

Another tip with the roger black: You CAN move the machine about in a car if your strong and have help.I have had to dismantle the entire machine - the treadmill and control unit from the stand to carry it about in bits from the boot of a car with the seats down, to move between houses and reassemble it all back together again. You can transport it this way in two trips and reassemble it working again of you make very careful notes of the wiring and screws.
    I say this because the machine arrived on a pallet from a lorry bigger than my house. With all my strength I just about managed to lift it up the steps and inside the house wheeling it about on its two little wheels. So the prospect of moving it in a car i thought would be impossible.
    so says another ordinary mug fighting the 1% who own the political machine grinding them down from on high...
    :A
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    decathlon do a range of tread mills, I detest excersise, so I couldn't recommend one!
  • I didn't think you were allowed to put links into messages?

How did you do that lol
  • Do not buy from euro broker warren hatton owns the company hence his suggestion

he does not supply the goods or issue refunds
  • Warren Hatton is the owner of fitness times / Eurobroker. Customer report countless examples of him taking their money and not delivering goods. I myself have first hand experience of this, and have had to get my money back from my Credit card provider after he failed to issue a refund after 2 months of waiting.
    Shame on you Warren for using this forum to promote your business while pretending to be a customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure