PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Comments

• foreverskint
    foreverskint Posts: 1,009
    First Post
    Forumite
    full time mum of 4 now. Was driving buses until a couple of years ago, and have previously been a chef and lots of other boring jobs.
    Now enjoying being at home, baking bread and cooking lovely meals for the family, gardening and looking after the DP. Some people have some fascinating sounding jobs!
  • little_lil
    little_lil Posts: 379
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    full-time mother to boy of four. Used to work, intially fulltime and then part time, giving up to be a mum was the best thing I ever did. We don't seem to be any worse off now than when i worked. Must be all that money saving we do now!
  • Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm off work sick and about to start psychotherapy. Been in and out of work for years and need to sort some issues out (mainly death of partner and child) if I'm to make it in this world.

I hope to return to work later this year If i gain confidence
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Hi, more or less full time (34hours) accounts manager of a plastics Co. - all thoses trades men and still can't find a plumber!. Single mum to 2 boys 12/14, debt free apart from the mortgage. Walker of dog, stacker of dishwasher and taxi driver. Wishing the days away till my hols in Aug.
    Hi to all and pleased to meet you and yours.
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Miroslav wrote:
    Thanks to those who posted a reply to me, it wasn't meant for 'replies' I was just adding to the convo :) Now I am embarrassed ;)

Brave - nah, Confident - more like blind confidence and that link works, i just thought it was purple :)

You did add to the convo with your life which is what this thread is all about. We think we all have problems in our lives and then we meet someone (Virtually even) that has much more going on and much more to cope with. Dont be embarrassed cos thats some stuff you are having to deal with. Respect xx

Me? I have my own business which is based at home though often takes me to other clients sites. When I am at home I should be designing work and planning sales campaigns - what am I really doing? Finding out the new best recipe for a slow cooker and having far too much beer with my mates in the Arms!
  • reverie
    reverie Posts: 427 Forumite
    I work long hours as a facilities manager for a firm of surveyors, keeping tenants happy and buildings looking good. Aside from that I am a gym-dropout, trying to make my way as a happy singleton. I am also about to take up growing veg and keeping chickens! Yay! Am working loads and am here saving money to try and retire when I am 40 to bum around the world :D
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm a student teacher, finishing my course this July so I should really be looking for jobs rather than surfing MSE! Live and feed with my dear boyfriend/partner/fiance (whatever) who is 29 and "works" - apparently.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Hello my name is Frizz, I work part-time (25 hours a week) for an IT company, am a mother to two school age kids, and I am an MSE Addict (approx 1000 hours a week).

Mr Frizz hates MSE with a passion - as he has been missing it (passion) ever since I joined. :rotfl:

Thankyou.

Cue: Group HugsGroupHug.gif
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • tootles_2
    tootles_2 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    I am one half of a retired couple on very limited income, hence my thoughts on one penny doing the work of two.

When working I was a chef, trained originally as a nurse, but a back injury put paid to that.

Had 4 children and a fulltime job when I was working, so organisation was the watchword and that has carried over into life as a retiree, still stick to working out a monthly menu, and shopping once a month for staples.

Living in the sunny? Midlands, where the pork pies come from:

saving for a trip to Florida and NYC Spring 2008

Total so far £14.00!!
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wow what a fantastic thread!!

I have been amused/touched/intigued and enlightened by all the amazing posts.

I am a part time nurse in a local GUM clinic (no not for teeth and gums but for genito urinary medicine ie sexually transmitted infections!!) an ex midwife, mum to 3 and 6 year old, great husband and cat Tinker too. Loving this site and hoping I can continue money saving and organising my life!!

Thanks everyone !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport