Christmas away in uk

I've just booked for myself, hubby and dd - aged 19 - to go away to a log cabin type place from 22nd to 26th Dec.

I'm now planning - I love planning - what we can do and take with us.

Has anyone been away over Christmas? Any ideas what to take too bring the festivity with us? The lodge is decorated already.

I will take some Christmas cds, thought a Christmas jigsaw, plenty of alcohol....

Any ideas welcome.
Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....

Comments

• Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    74jax wrote: »
    I've just booked for myself, hubby and dd - aged 19 - to go away to a log cabin type place from 22nd to 26th Dec.

I'm now planning - I love planning - what we can do and take with us.

Has anyone been away over Christmas? Any ideas what to take too bring the festivity with us? The lodge is decorated already.

I will take some Christmas cds, thought a Christmas jigsaw, plenty of alcohol....

Any ideas welcome.

Sounds like a great idea, sounds like bliss. No phones and just each other. Will you be cooking a big Christmas dinner or are you planning a favourite meal? If there is a TV perhaps you could take some of your favourite movies and nibbles. Oh and hot chocolate. Can l ask where you are going please?

Have a wonderful time.
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    We went snowboarding in Serbia one Christmas, it was fab! Packed very small Christmas presents and surprises ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921
    Forumite
    Kit1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea, sounds like bliss. No phones and just each other. Will you be cooking a big Christmas dinner or are you planning a favourite meal? If there is a TV perhaps you could take some of your favourite movies and nibbles. Oh and hot chocolate. Can l ask where you are going please?

Have a wonderful time.

Great idea thank you. I'm now thinking of taking CD's so we have Christmas music, DVD's (good reminder). I thought I'd take our Christmas cake and decorations and we can decorate it on the Friday night.

Yes, planning on a Christmas dinner still. Any excuse for pigs in blankets really.

Just off to a place in Northumberland, but very excited.
    savvy wrote: »
    We went snowboarding in Serbia one Christmas, it was fab! Packed very small Christmas presents and surprises ;)

Thanks Savvy. We've been abroad for Christmas, we did Cape Town which was just amazing, Christmas on the beach was very...... different but loved it.

Thank you both, it's quite hard thinking of things you do at Christmas that you can take with you - DVD's was a great one. I had planned on taking some games, but will maybe look for specific Christmas games - pin the tail on the reindeer anyone....?

I've also thought of taking a photo frame and covering it in tinsel for a photo of us standing outside the lodge.... oh and santa hats, must buy those too....
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    74jax wrote: »

I've also thought of taking a photo frame and covering it in tinsel for a photo of us standing outside the lodge.... oh and santa hats, must buy those too....
    You could think about Christmas photos you want to recreate for memories? Could print off a Christmas quiz to do or scavenger hunt to play? Loser does the washing up :rotfl: Decorating a gingerbread house is pretty good fun, then you eat it and don't have to take it all back home ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921
    Forumite
    savvy wrote: »
    You could think about Christmas photos you want to recreate for memories? Could print off a Christmas quiz to do or scavenger hunt to play? Loser does the washing up :rotfl: Decorating a gingerbread house is pretty good fun, then you eat it and don't have to take it all back home ;)

Excellent idea! I've seen them the last few years but never got round to actually buying one.

I'm loving the Christmas quiz too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure