NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Comments

• Today would have been a NSD but OH declared that we needed toilet roll. I'm a bit irritated that the NSD is lost but at least it's a low spend day.

Took soup in for lunch today and as OH is practicing tonight I've finished it off. Grabbed a YS baguette for 15p so had that with it.

We have a fuddle at work tomorrow so no need to take lunch/pack up. The rest of the week will be NSD expect for either Saturday/Sunday depending on when decide to do weekly shop.

The heating isn't on yet though - I point blank refuse to put it on until October at the earliest. If it gets really cold I might set the fire going (but that's hassle getting wood etc so I'd probably just wrap up in a blanket.) we will see :)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Day 11
    Was a spend day. Had to pop into supermarket near a bus stop on the way home. Only spent 78p. Notebook updated.
    Did 20 minutes walking from bus stop to/from workplace.
    Read my book at lunchtime and on bus.
    Took lunch to work.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I managed a SFD today, nothing spent at all :T
    Updated signature :D
    Nothing recorded in my spending diary, for obvious reasons :D
    All food from home
    No heating, although it has been cold, wet and miserable - I only really notice it in the bathroom brrrr :eek:
    Not managed any exercise unless carrying boxes around counts :o
    Free food - picked a bowl of raspberries, a few blueberries, some French beans, and was given a bag of pears :)
  • Today I am grateful for buses running on time, for mild weather, for missing all the downpours, for a good day at work, for dd having a good day at school, for dh getting a little extra work, for my new scheduling plan seeming to work (I don't add things to my to-do list, I write them in my work planner when I will do them), for my warm jamas.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Evening Scrimpers,
    Check-in 11/30
    SFD 2/18
    Exercise goal - busy day & some good general money saving activity, but nothing very step-based today.
    Useful scrimpy stuff: Turned sone of our pear glut into a big batch of BBQ sauce & gathered another basketful. Turned out Presents Box & made a list of contents. Cheered to be reminded of all the nice bits & pieces I've bought or made & been squirrelling away all year.
    Heating?? You must be joking! No way is that going on yet apart from overnight use of heated towel radiator (Economy 7 tariff so makes sense to run it then rather than daytime). Only concession to autumn so far has been cardi & swapping to warner duvet.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Hi guys :) day 11 check in. Sadly the SFDs I had such high hopes for didn't materialise... I decided madam needed a hair trim and our hairdresser could squeeze her in on Sat. Then while we were in town we went and tried on some winter coats and got one - I know it's a justification but she's like me and hates shopping so we rarely go into shops - also got her a couple of other bits and we had some chips :o

Sunday we met with friends and had a coffee. I wasn't going to but we were at a mini kinda farm and were outside, the kids were playing in the park so we did :o

today - by the rules! - is a SFD, which at this point I'm taking whatever I can get, but I did have to pay for a dentist appt & 90p on car park to park near dentist. I could have parked further out for free but was in pain and expecting root canal. Other than that no money out of my purse so 3/18

Made soup for tea, using up lo veg from yesterday and the end of a ciabatta a friend brought round last week ;)

Snacks ready for work tomorrow. Taking my jam sandwich from sunday I didn't eat ;)

Me time & exercise was being down the allotment for a couple of hours, 1 of which was digging. I read for 1/2 hour when I got back from the dentist and am about to go and have a bath & give myself a facial & pedicure :)

Today I'm grateful I managed to get £25 off of a £50 fee I was charged. That I made a bit of headway with the allotment. That madam seems to be loving school so far :A That I brought home a big bag of fresh veg from the allotment. That people on the internet are so generous with posting their recipes :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    A SFD. Not feeling great so gave mum the option of my going there or not. Did not think it was catching, but. Stayed home, been working on the baby blankets, then had another nap later. Feeling okay (nap was restorative) but still not right, so quiet evening planned.

Today I am grateful for good reading, a comfy bed and being able to sleep and switch off.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • spending day - planned spend on food shopping. Bought lots more milk in the hope that I can avoid food shopping for at least a few days.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Check in day 11.

Bought a few bits from Lidl and a birthday card today. Just over £10 spend.

Exercise just a few steps off 20k and 30 minutes in work gym at lunchtime.

Would be tempted to put the heating on but it's a brand new central heating system and I need to find the instructions first!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Vintage Brighton I'm in east anglia. It's not freezing, just feels really cold when I'm sitting around!

lol everyone, no way did I have a full body wax :eek:
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family