Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Hi folks,
    Can somebody explain, what is the difference in Statement Of Case and Witness Statement? Do i have to do them both? I am representing my family as lead passenger but only me me as witness, getting a bit confused on this now. What does my arguments come under? Thanks.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • ghol26
    ghol26 Posts: 69 Forumite
    chili2001 wrote: »
    Did you have the same insurance company when you took the flight? My current insurer wouldn't take it on as it was after the holiday but my previous insurance company did as I had legal cover with them too.
    I'm pretty sure you can use your car insurance legal cover too if you have it?

Thanks for the info. Just checked current car insurance which is also without legal cover (I won't make that mistake again) so I guess I'll be having to look back at my old home insurance policies or using a claims company.
  • After 8 months of pushing for any reply from Thompson Airways i eventually got a letter stating that i was not entitled to compensation for my 9 hour delay from Palma due to another aircraft not on our route being hit by a bird and causing disruption to separate flights on other routes.our aircraft was serviceable and important assuming used on other routes causing the delay..this doesn't sound exceptional circumstances to me..is this worth a punt at court?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    After 8 months of pushing for any reply from Thompson Airways i eventually got a letter stating that i was not entitled to compensation for my 9 hour delay from Palma due to another aircraft not on our route being hit by a bird and causing disruption to separate flights on other routes.our aircraft was serviceable and important assuming used on other routes causing the delay..this doesn't sound exceptional circumstances to me..is this worth a punt at court?

Yes. This was an operational decision by the airline to use your plan. Nothing extraordinary at all.
  • I really can't believe just how lucky I've been with my case of being delayed just 5 hours back in 2008 after reading everyone elses nightmares they're having.
    I emailed T.C on 18th Oct via their website sent them a copy of my booking form and they have agreed comp of £1035 on Tues 5th November. Only wish my PPI claims were as straight forward. I really feel for you all - keep fighting your fight.
    It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice!!
  • batman44
    Wow, got an email they have now closed my case! Phone call from County Court Claims Service as well, let battle commence, you shall be served.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Who's closed your case?
  • batman44
    Vauban wrote: »
    Who's closed your case?

TC customer relations.
  • chili2001
    chili2001 Posts: 342 Forumite
    batman44 wrote: »
    TC customer relations.

I don't why they put that. It just annoys people into taking their claim further.
  • batman44
    You should certainly counter their defence argument along the lines of that which Vauban has previously posted as well as do this via questioning their witness(es) in court as you are entitled to do so. In fact I would be insisting that the TC witnesses who sign a statement in the court bundle are present at the hearing. The judge should insist on this too.

Found this on the CAA website as well, very interesting.

We would be interested to [EMAIL="rpg@caa.co.uk"]hear from consumers or their legal representatives[/EMAIL] if they have taken cases to court where the defendants (the person or company being sued for compensation) have raised the argument that individuals do not have the right to seek redress under the Denied Boarding Regulations and what was the result for their case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport