Halloween thread

I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been any halloween threads this year, so I thought I'd start one... I hope that's OK.

Has anyone else found the halloween offerings in the shops a bit disappointing this year? I love halloween, so I tend to check out the offerings from all the shops! So far I've been to Poundworld, Poundland, B&M, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, and Wilkos. I usually find B&M and Wilkos to be really good, but they didn't have much this time round. Poundland have gone up in my estimation, though, as they seem to have a really good selection. Anyone have any suggestions for other shops that are worth looking at?

What costumes have you got planned for this halloween? I'm still not totally decided on mine, but I'm thinking of doing a kind of human Jack O'Lantern. I've got a Pumpkin wig that I got dead cheap a few years ago, a fake knife, some fake blood, and face paints. The plan is to paint bloody Jack O'Lantern features to make it look like I've carved my own face :o

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    We love halloween is this house as well.

I am also impressed with poundlands items this year when I popped in last week, they seemed to have got some new stuff in as when I went a few weeks back there wasn't much.

Costume came from one of the cheap shops in town. I wasn't impressed with Wilkos they seem to sell the same stuff every year.
  • I think you might be right about Poundland, as they were putting more stock out when I was there last week. I bought quite a lot, but I'm hoping if I go back after Halloween, they might be selling stuff off cheap. I've done well in the past getting bargains in Sainsbury's, Wilkos, and B&M, but I don't know if Poundland do sales..?

I have a costume shop locally but they seem more geared towards general fancy dress rather than doing Halloween costumes, which I thought was weird at this time of year. When I first started planning for Halloween about a month ago, I really wanted to be Pennywise (the clown from IT), but it's difficult to get the outfit right without spending a fortune. They have ready made costumes going for about £140 on eBay! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure