No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2017

Options

Comments

• wondercollie
    Options
    UU:

Hesperides Grapefruit Eau de Parfum 30mls. Already replaced. A favourite citrus scent for work.

Lancôme Cils Booster XL Mascara base. It was a "deluxe" sized sample that is almost identical in size to the one you buy (which I did). Lashes aren't breaking anymore and don't seem so dry when the mascara comes off.

Got two face creams and a wash that should be done by the end of the month.

I'm finally getting to the point where I can toss things without feeling guilty.

The push is too use up samples, the little foil packets that multiply and take over you counter top.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU this morning:

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter 50ml WDBA. This is my favourite range from The Body Shop and I'm tempted to get a big tub but I don't know whether I'd use it all up before it went bad. I've got a £5 voucher at The Body Shop to use before the end of the month. What to buy?
  • wondercollie
    Options
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    One UU this morning:

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter 50ml WDBA. This is my favourite range from The Body Shop and I'm tempted to get a big tub but I don't know whether I'd use it all up before it went bad. I've got a £5 voucher at The Body Shop to use before the end of the month. What to buy?

Hand cream?
  • sstevo19
    Options
    Hand cream?

Well I ended up buying three things. I got the Almond & Honey hand cream, another tub of the Camomile Cleansing Butter and a big tub of Shea body butter. But I did save about £14. It came to £29 altogether but there's a 30% off code on the website and I had a £5 reward, so I only paid £15 for it all :)
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

This is my first September update

Here we go

UU
    Waitrose Baby Coconut Oil
    Sure 24 Hours Deodorant
    Rosemary Essential Oil
    Body Shop Satsuma Soap
    Body Shop Orange Body Sorbet
    Superdrug B Glycolic Cleansing Peel
    Palmolive Sensitive Shower Gel
    Champney Travel Blush Shower Creme
    Champney Travel Blush Daily Scrub

IN
    Palmolive Sensitive Shower Gel x 5
    Total= 79

There is more used as I tidied my spreadsheet.

Hopefully will go below 75 for the first time ever. When I started doing this about 2 years ago, I started with 144 products. Hurrah!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Yes to Carrots Nourishing Mask 50ml - I like this but find that it is deep cleansing not nourishing, it is a clay which dries quickly so all done in just over 5 minutes. WBA.

and a GA

Barry M Light Reflecting Concealer to DD to replace her Collection one.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One UU from last night:

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml WDBA and have. This is my HG cleanser. It's nourishing and gentle and hydrating. It's perfect and it smells divine. I'm going to start using the Clinique TTDO balm to see what it's like, I've heard good thing about it. But I've got another tub of this on it's way to me :)
  • sstevo19
    Options
    sstevo19 wrote: »

My PP list for September is going to be

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Cream Cleanser
    [STRIKE]The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter - This is nearing the end so should be finished in the first week or so[/STRIKE]
    Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm
    Lush Rose Jam shower gel - This is so big and never ending

My updated PP list. There's not much left in the Aloe cleanser, that should be finished next week :)
  • sunny_money
    Options
    UU
    The Body Shop - Spa of the world Scrub-in-oil - 350g. There was lots of oil left so I added some table salt but oh no left me itchy and I've now wasted the oil, lesson learnt. Can anyone recommend another really oily scrub?
    La Roche Posay - eye cream - 2ml sample. Don't think I'll get to Aldi this week, any recommendations for a cheap eye cream available at Boots?

IN
    Boots dry shampoo
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I just got back from holiday late Saturday night, so I’m a bit behind – but caught up on the thread now I think.

I had quite a few UUs while travelling, but can’t remember them all  Something like:
    - Pack of Boots cucumber face wipes
    - Travel deodorant
    - Several sachets of moisturiser
    - 5 x travel bottles or sachets of shampoo and conditioner
    - 1 travel toothpaste
    - 1 sachet body lotion

And 1 UU last night:
    - Elemis frangipani monoi body balm. WBA, on offer. Love this scent, love Elemis body stuff, just refuse to pay full price :D

Also a few ins, taking advantage of shopping abroad:
    - Replacement travel deodorant
    - 2 essence nailpolishes
    - 2 matte lipglosses – 1 Kiko, 1 Essence
    - Eyebrow brush (essence)

So not too bad, honest ;)

My skin is now a little unbalanced from travelling though – so some pampering this week will definitely follow! Also did my nails last night – a deep teal fine glitter polish from Sephora, and Seche Vite on top. I had to revive the Seche vite with some Seche Restore, and the Seche vite is definitely getting low. I’ve plenty of other top coats though, so hopefully it’ll be done soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure