Debt Demolisher

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I'm laughing at your 107 year DFW journey!

Could you imagine my DH would say " see I bloody told you so" :rotfl:
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated wrote: »
    Could you imagine my DH would say " see I bloody told you so" :rotfl:
    It would make his week :rotfl:
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Hey all :hello:

Who said that Sunday was a day of rest.
    • Up at 6.30
    • Roast dinner prepared and cooking.
    • Washing done
    • Dried and ironed
    • Hoovered
    • Beds changed
    • Dog walked

Mind you it gives me plenty of :money: time now

As I was typing this an email came in from one of my CCs "your account is now in arrears and we want a minimum payment of £502 NOW !!! :eek:

Although they have said they accept our payment plan and will stop interest etc. At first my heart was in my mouth until I gave myself a slap and a talking to :p. Phew just standard monthly things I suppose.
    I imagine we will continue to get things like this and will just have to go with the flow. I refuse to let it get me down.

Healthy eating plan 5/10 :o
    Mood 10/10
    Stress levels 2/10

Enjoy what's left of the weekend all
    M
  • dottydebts
    dottydebts Posts: 89 Forumite
    I don't think Sunday's will ever be a day of rest in this house either... always far too much washing/cooking/cleaning/sorting to do.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • motivated
    dottydebts wrote: »
    I don't think Sunday's will ever be a day of rest in this house either... always far too much washing/cooking/cleaning/sorting to do.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Exactly dotty no rest for the wicked they say. I must have been really wicked during my life :rotfl:
  • ZarZar1990
    ZarZar1990 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Sounds like it's still going well Motivated!
    Those standard monthly letters will be sent out automatically, so I shouldn't worry if they've accepted your payments xx
    Personal Loan: Start: £22020:eek: Now: £18800 :j

Credit Card: £600

Overdraft: £500
  • motivated
    ZarZar1990 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's still going well Motivated!
    Those standard monthly letters will be sent out automatically, so I shouldn't worry if they've accepted your payments xx

Thanks Zar Zar
    So far I haven't had a full blown panic since having our true LBM. just a little wobble now and again. I can honestly say I haven't been this relaxed for a long time.

If my wages goes into my new account on Wednesday I will be well and truly up and running. Fingers crossed.

As for the letters, everything that we get regarding creditors is nicely filed away in my new pocket file :)

I have a feeling I will be hearing from the others this week as another CC account is about to hit the arrears state and I know they would have heard from SC too.

It is what it is and I will not let this situation control us any more :D
    M
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Busy round yours today :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • motivated
    edited 13 March 2017 at 9:41PM
    Evening all

Work was very :( today, nothing too bad just very busy all day. Can't always have easy days where I get to sit in MSE when I should be working :p. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little quieter.

On the plus side I have been shopping around the online supermarkets looking for the cheapest deals etc. My supermarket is great for that.

Anyway I came across Ocado and was putting shopping in my online trolley, then came out of it and didn't checkout. Today I recieved an email giving me £20 off of a £60 shop. I have just done my next weeks shopping and got a free £20s worth of shopping. It all came to £40.03p. Free delivery too :beer: I made sure I spent it wisely and bought meat with it that I can batch cook with and freeze. I will be able to make meals for the whole week with enough to freeze too. So easy to grab something out of the freezer ready cooked for when I get home. :j. A win win for me.
    My local Aldi is closed for refurb for 6 months Don't they care I'm on a budget and in debt in case I forgot to mention it :rotfl:

Couldn't say no to a nice deal like that. Definitely won't need a top up shop now.

Didn't sleep too well last night, not money worries I tend to get restless legs and can't settle. Constantly kicking my legs out and fidgeting. Its a weird feeling. It's as if my legs wait until I get into bed and think right lets start playing up. I was told my a colleague today that it could be pre-menopausal :eek: so tonight I am tired and feel an early night calling.

Healthy eating plan 10/10 didn't get time to cheat today
    Mood 8/10
    Stress levels 1/10
    M
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My mum has Restless Leg. It looks like a right pain, I hope I don't get it.

You've reminded me, Ocado send me a weekly email, with a £20 voucher. Please let me know what they're like.

Did you ring SC today?
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family