ESA and disabiliy pension

Options
2»

Comments

• Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you, yes I did put it down on there and when i met the man for the interview re wrong benefit was also aware of it, I thought as i was put into the support group then that was that but you never know i guess! I wish i could just go back to work as it was so much simpler than trying to navigate benefits that is for sure!

What do you mean by you claimed for the wrong benefit and were you actually receiving it? Further details might be useful.
    As others have said unless it is Income Based ESA due to no other source/very low income (and I very much doubt that if you get an Ill Health Pension), they will claw back money, which could leave you with nothing. How much is your pension, does your husband have an income, pension/benefits/do you have savings?
    The only exception is if you have continually received Incapacity Benefit and then ESA, without a break before the cut off date, which off the top of my head was round about 1997/98.
    Have you checked to see what was actually written on the application forms yet?
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was just wondering why we haven't had a reply from you Pink veggie?

People are willing to offer you support and advice with the correct details.
    I for one have received fantastic advice and information from this site when needed over the years.
  • Pink_veggie
    Options
    I am sorry i did not reply before but my husband was taken into hospital with heart and lung problem.I was overpaid and i am now paying the overpayment it back to the DWP, sorry for not thanking you before all for your help as it was very much needed :) but thanks to your replies I sorted it all out knowing what was what

thanks again ;)
  • Marciabaxter
    Options
    My second time at posting and I understood the kind person that replied. I understand about cont's and non contributions etc.

Feb 2017 I had to leave work.. I suffer with Crohn's disease & a rare form of collagenous colitis.

I am 57 yrs old and the council agreed thru an independent occupational health advisor I could not return to such a stressful job there I was allowed my council pension. It's £46 per week. Since Feb I have been doing the odd factory job or shop work. Practically about 15 weeks worth of work. Obviously paying tax & NI.
    My Crohn's & colitis has flared up again so I now have a sick note and on Friday applied for ESA. .. I know if your pension is £85 or more per week you don't get full amount of ESA. Will this be the same for me as my only income is my £46 pension per week?? Any answers greatly appreciated and if possible the amount if any they will deduct from my ESA
    Many thanks x
  • Alice_Holt
    Options
    Marcia -
    If you are in receipt of Contribution Based ESA - then your ESA will not be reduced by a £46pw pension.
    If you receive Income Based ESA it will be reduced.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2017 at 10:25PM
    Options
    **I am replying to Pink Veggie** (who probably will not see my reply)

You say your pension was declared at the time you made your claim?
    Did you claim by phone or on the form ESA1

Some pensions are totally disregarded, yours might be one of the ones that should be disregarded. You should check up on this...I will also try to check for you. (I am looking at pensions for another MSE user on this board so I really should try and get the facts on this).

Your latest reply #14 says you are now paying back an overpayment.

If your pension was declared when the claim was first made then you do not have to pay back any overpayment.

If claim made by phone
    , do you still have the Customer Statement letter?
    If not, first phone ESA line and ask what date was the phonecall made by you to make the new claim? and What is the I.D. Number. of the call recording? Then write a letter to ESA BC requesting an audio copy of that call. Then have that letter scanned and sent to ESA by your local Jobcentre.

If claim made by ESA1, write letter as above asking for a copy of your ESA1 to be sent to you, scan letter from jobcentre.

Also in your letter ask for copies of JSAPS screen JA510 from the start of your claim. And copies of contact history screen in CAM system.

Report back here when you have the evidence. but if it is a long time from now, then PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure