SKI-er or Sk-ater. We know how to enjoy ourselves

Comments

• pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I was thinking of starting a new ski thread this week! Thanks for the bump, NR.

We are off to the USA next Saturday, to visit DS. We shall do a coup,e days in New York, too. As July flights are so expensive we've gone mad and treated ourselves to business class. Only £400 more expensive than economy, rather than the usual £1500.

We've done three weeks in Thailand, which was amazing.

Not all selfish. DD is having a new Rock door fitted next week, courtesy of bank of mum and dad.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We ski'd on a new car a couple of months ago. A Skoda Yeti. Only three years old, the newest car we have ever had.

The thing is, we only went out to buy cat litter. :o:rotfl:
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Yes, just come back from a wonderful motoring holiday to the Black Forest, Germany.

Here are some pics: http://www.met0ll.talktalk.net/blackforest2017.html
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • Newly_retired
    Newly_retired Posts: 2,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Margaretclare, that is wonderful. After the difficult year you have had, I am so pleased for you, and envious too.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow April last year when I last posted, we are now Grandparents to a live wire called a Ottilie, who has her first birthday at the end of June. Decided on a 3 trip to Spain year, so just returned first her birthday. Now out again in the caravan which we changed for a new layout in December. Life is good if a little manic. Buying anything we need, but to be honest, don't need that much, while enjoying ourselves we cannot just spend for spendings sake, it has to be something wanted and/or needed. Certainly not saving it for sin, who is doing extremely well in his career. Oh we are now a two dog family within 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Not all selfish. DD is having a new Rock door fitted next week, courtesy of bank of mum and dad.
    What is a Rock door?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • pollypenny
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    What is a Rock door?

A composite door, looks like wood and comes in a range of colours. Much better looking than uPVC and more secure, apparently.

• seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    pollypenny wrote: »
    A composite door, looks like wood and comes in a range of colours. Much better looking than uPVC and more secure, apparently.

We have one. Didn't know it was called that though!!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • pollypenny
    We ski'd on a new car a couple of months ago. A Skoda Yeti. Only three years old, the newest car we have ever had.

The thing is, we only went out to buy cat litter. :o:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We did a similar thing in January 07. Went buy some small storage baskets for the top of the wardrobe - bought a brand new Corsa. I'm still driving it. :)

• ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Doing my best SKI yet by booking a business class ticket to fly to Brisbane in September to visit son and soon to be born second grandchild. I've done the journey twice in economy and enough is enough! Told son that I am spending his inheritance by visiting him in style. Might have to do it again though, because every one says that once you turn left on the plane, you never turn right again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure