IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ES / Gladstones claim Urgent initial view needed

2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    The following day to my delight I received a single page from the court stating.......they had not paid the court fee and the case had been struck out! We could even claim costs too!!
    Well, are you going to?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,658
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    zx6rider wrote: »
    I thought I would share with you the result of making a defence and not being bullied into paying an "invoice" from one of these parking companies.
    Having written the defence and met the timescales of the court process I received the witness statement from Gladstones with a few photos etc and a copy of the ES contract with the landowner. I thought OK, we will have to attend the court.
    The following day to my delight I received a single page from the court stating.......they had not paid the court fee and the case had been struck out! We could even claim costs too!!
    That has made my day and demonstrates that they are robo-claims and that there is not a professional set-up dealing with these things.
    Anyway thanks to all who replied and all who have previously contributed on the forum. This is a very helpful facility.

Great news!! Well done. We almost NEVER see anyone report a loss on here.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zx6rider
    zx6rider Posts: 7 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well, are you going to?

Probably not, the satisfaction of it being struck out is enough and I would probably feel like I was descending to their level if I did.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    zx6rider wrote: »
    Probably not, the satisfaction of it being struck out is enough and I would probably feel like I was descending to their level if I did.

It's clearly your call, but before making a final decision, just consider the proposition that if as well as losing their court case they have to make an actual cost payment to their intended victim, they might just think twice before issuing court papers to someone else.

And don't forget, if they had beaten you, they wouldn't be satisfied with a pyrrhic victory - they'd have taken you for every penny they could.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport