LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 15 May 2017 at 6:40AM
    Good start to my day. Despite it raining I cycled to the train station and because I got properly ready the night before I could set my alarm much later. OH very happy about that! Now sitting with my flask of coffee on train and doing a money shuffle.. love it. Can really see the CC debt from last year's tax bill decreasing and feel positive with what we are planning and doing. Even managing to save something (EF is twice what it was last month), and pay off flights. Am rather pleased with our progress this month in the Brizzle household :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Good start to my day. Despite it raining I cycled to work and because I got properly ready the night before I could set my alarm much later. OH very happy about that! Now sitting with my flask of coffee on train and doing a money shuffle.. love it. Can really see the CC debt from last year's tax bill decreasing and feel positive with what we are planning and doing. Even managing to save something (EF is twice what it was last month), and pay off flights

I love a good start to the day. It's so good for the soul :A that and decreasing cc amounts :D mine is slightly different but no less satisfying, money shuffle done and raspberry and almond cake in oven as up early. Just negotiating with smalls to eat breakfast and then I'll be off to work after preschool run. Exercise for me later in form of yoga on YT as no time for run as DH working. Enjoy your day, well done on rain not putting you off :T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great progress indeed.
    Be proud:).
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,727
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds great Brizzle :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 15 May 2017 at 4:41PM
    Thanks lovely peeps. PF - that's such a lovely message :kiss: thank you. Quite how you managed to prep a cake before breakfast with smalls is beyond me!!! Jwil and Lou - you're always supportive - thanks as ever.

Lunch was LOs at my desk and as long as OH spent nothing should be a NSD :)

It pelted down with rain today so don't expect to be very dry by time I crawl in. Early start tomorrow :( but have a week off in a fortnight so can't complain. OH is getting dinner organised as I am running late. Another Riverford veggie recipe - Masala Dhosas and Beetroot relish. Should be lush. We are doing well on the veggie front - have hardly eaten meat all week save for using up some chorizo and LO roast chicken in a paella/risotto type made up meal :) Must be saving us some cash.

Sounds like exams were bearable so very pleased for her.

Have a good evening all

X
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    So it wasn't a NSD as needed to go to shop for washing powder and necessaries for DD2... but it turned into a very exciting evening!!

1. Booked a night away in our sanctuary using my Hilton points....can't wait. Still have loads for another one later in year
    2. Used MOVs for my shopping so effectively half price :)

AND..best news of all..

3. Unexpected cheque which means that OH effectively was paid another months salary this year...I am SO delighted. :j :j :T Going against the flights costs immediately. Whole family thrilled at the good fortune.

The dinner was last night was exceptional. A definite keeper. Will try and post a link if I can.

Have a good day folks

Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Fantastic news on the cheque :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lovely news :T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Brilliant news. I am delighted for you.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    it is brilliant news. Thanks everyone. Still hasn't arrived in the account yet, (realise I wrote cheque but technically it was notification of an imminent transfer) but am watching and waiting!!

Another AFD yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback