Debt Demolisher

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Do you think Asda is super more expensive than Aldi or just more tempting? Interesting as I don't shop at either, just through what's near by.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Do you think Asda is super more expensive than Aldi or just more tempting? Interesting as I don't shop at either, just through what's near by.

Do you know what Bob I think you're right. When I checked back through my shopping I actually had a few bits I could've done without. The crisps were on special (typical supermarket trick). Right by the tills so of course they seemed like a bargain. Why I felt the need to buy 2 lots of the deal heaven only knows.

I also had another couple of bits that temptation MADE me buy, refused to let me leave the store until I had them bought and paid for :p

Will have blinkers on next week so I do not even see the so called deals and bargains. :D
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated wrote: »
    Do you know what Bob I think you're right. When I checked back through my shopping I actually had a few bits I could've done without. The crisps were on special (typical supermarket trick). Right by the tills so of course they seemed like a bargain. Why I felt the need to buy 2 lots of the deal heaven only knows.

I also had another couple of bits that temptation MADE me buy, refused to let me leave the store until I had them bought and paid for :p

Will have blinkers on next week so I do not even see the so called deals and bargains. :D
    M

I read that as bikinis and wondered why you were wearing one to go shopping :rotfl:

Shops are very good at getting you to spend as much as possible.
    Take a list and do not buy anything else << said in stern voice :naughty:

Remember Martin's Money Mantras - I have a copy in my purse :money:

Skint?
    Then ask:
    Do I need it?
    Can I afford it?
    Have I checked whether it's cheaper elsewhere?
    If the answer is no then don't buy!

Not skint?
    Then ask:
    Will I use it?
    Is it worth it?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/money-mantras
  • motivated
    I read that as bikinis and wondered why you were wearing one to go shopping :rotfl:

Shops are very good at getting you to spend as much as possible.
    Take a list and do not buy anything else << said in stern voice :naughty:

Remember Martin's Money Mantras - I have a copy in my purse :money:

Skint?
    Then ask:
    Do I need it?
    Can I afford it?

Not skint?
    Then ask:
    Will I use it?
    Is it worth it?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/money-mantras

:rotfl: if I went shopping in a bikini I swear they would give me the shopping for free just to get me out of the store :eek: Could be an idea though :p

I will definitely be on my guard next time. I'd forgotten that there is another Aldi about a 5 minute drive from me. Will be taking the detour and going there next week.

I'm liking Martin's Mantra that's so true and one I will need to ask myself in future.
    Thanks Bear
    M
  • motivated wrote: »
    :rotfl: if I went shopping in a bikini I swear they would give me the shopping for free just to get me out of the store :eek: Could be an idea though :p

I might try it too :p:D

north-american_5908_muffy-vanderbear_charm_bikini_norm.jpg
  • motivated
    I might try it too :p:D

north-american_5908_muffy-vanderbear_charm_bikini_norm.jpg

Ahhh If only I looked this cute in a bikini we can all have dreams :rotfl:
  • I'm so pleased you're getting sorted. those years will tick by quickly and before you know it you'll be debt free!
    also you'll be super motivated to stay that way too. Meal planning is a brilliant way to save money so that's all extra you could add to it.
    good luck and we'll all be supporting yo in your journey :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • I think that's the main reason Lidl/Aldi work for me - no tempting little offers knocking around the store and no nice homeware!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Thank you foxy

I am determined not to look at the overall total and how long the journey is. I plan to plod along until Christmas and then I can see how much progress we've made.

All being well I am hoping that I hear from SC tomorrow to tell me out DMP is set up and then I know I can breathe a sigh of relief for sure.

Also,as for the meal planning I certainly will be doing this. I have lots of groceries in and have enough for the week easily. Even today DH said oh it's only us 2 here shall we eat out. I said no and then proceeded to cook dinner :D Was quite proud of myself as usually I would have thought oh well it saves me cooking but We need to get into the habit of watching ALL the pennies and not just the ones we think we will watch :)

Feel like we have made progress already as I have budgeted this week and know exactly how much we have to spend this week. Just need to make sure DH knows it too :rotfl:

Have even added a little to our second savings account. This usually would have been money that just got wasted throughout the week without realising. Will continue to add to this and hopefully watch it build.
    M
  • motivated
    I think that's the main reason Lidl/Aldi work for me - no tempting little offers knocking around the store and no nice homeware!

Definitely agree as I tend to only buy what I need in Aldi and Lidl.
    Won't get bitten again I will make sure of it.

You are doing well with your organisation too TOPM long may it continue. It takes a bit of getting used to this doesn't it :D
    M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport