IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi ParkingEye- Making me ill

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2017 at 9:39PM
    the thread I linked earlier refers to it and has a link to it by bergkamp

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287634&postcount=2344

that is what this "discretionary amount" that isnt on any ALDI/PE signs at all in the UK is about

my point is that all this has already been covered in various threads on here over the years, these ALDI issues are not new, its been going on for several years now and there have been dozens if not hundreds of appeals made on the various issues, including signage

in fact , coupon-mad wrote that post in september 2016 , so over 6 months ago !!!
  • linclass
    linclass Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    So, am I cutting and pasting from:

This parking operator offered parking to shoppers of the retailers....

through to

A Site/User Manual sets out the criteria under which the parking enforcement operates from the retailers' informational point of view and it forms a vital part of the landowner contract which is relevant to this appeal. ?

attaching a copy of the bank statement - I didn't keep the receipt from 4th Feb until the 14th Feb (do people keep till receipts that long???)

My partner thinks I should just pay it, but I can't afford to, and it's too easy....
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 2:28PM
    you should be drafting a multi aspect appeal of which that template is one of many you should be adding together to suit your appeal

remember , this is an appeal, not a jackanory story

bergkamp is playing with fire by trying a single point appeal to see what popla make of it , you should not do this, yours should be multi point

appeals are based on legal arguments

no contract
    frustration of contract
    poor and inadequate and incomplete signage
    POFA2012 errors and failures
    BPA CoP failures
    not the same as the BEAVIS case
    this hidden clause issue
    de minimis applies

etc

I would try to find a recent one and adapt it, nothing older than 9 months old

shooting the messengers wont help , you are going to have to accept that the regulars here haver seen it all before and are pointing you at the right places, but YOU have to do the donkey work

if it were me and I was ill, I would be SHOUTING at the CEO , go to the top , AS WELL (not the local manger who has no power)

any receipts should be kept for about 2 years (because these form part of your contract , as would any parking tickets you buy to park somewhere) , but copies of bank statements are also acceptable

I tell my wife to keep our PE ones on asda car park (which was SMART before PE) for several months , just in case , plus the till receipts AS WELL

yes its that big a problem
  • linclass
    I'm about to send a complaint via email to the CEO of Aldi. Should I add the POPLA Ref number that PE sent me?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    linclass wrote: »
    I'm about to send a complaint via email to the CEO of Aldi. Should I add the POPLA Ref number that PE sent me?

NO, Aldi are not interested in a POPLA code

This is now all about you spending money with Aldi .. YOUR MONEY
    and that includes your family and friends

Be firm, remember only customers keep the CEO in a job
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Redx, the legal ones I've read are pointing out things like the signage being deficient, well that's not in dispute. So am I gonna lie? Yes - there is a POPLA Ref, it's on the reject letter I received earlier this week :-)

It does incidentally, have the paragraph 'You are warned that if after 29 days from the date given.....'

Why isn't the signage in dispute? Have you measured it to check it is the correct size? Is the lettering the right height ? Is there adequate signage? Is the language clear enough? Does it form a contract?

Without even seeing it I bet it's rubbish. Challenge everything.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    There's no need to worry beyond the POPLA appeal stage, as ParkingEye, despite being the most litigious company in the land, have never proceeded to court with an Aldi case despite thousands upon thousands of tickets issued. We guess that Aldi will not allow this 'next step' to happen.

So there's nothing here to 'make you ill'. Get it cancelled at POPLA (if you're prepared to put the work in to research, read, understand and write a draft POPLA appeal - we will review and help you fine tune it). If that doesn't work (but it should because the resource is available on the forum for you to succeed), you need to ride this out for 6 years, where you will be hassled in the early stages by powerless debt collectors - and no, they can't/won't turn up on your doorstep and drag your TV out of your lounge!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • linclass
    beamerguy wrote: »
    NO, Aldi are not interested in a POPLA code

This is now all about you spending money with Aldi .. YOUR MONEY
    and that includes your family and friends

Be firm, remember only customers keep the CEO in a job

I didn't think so, thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 March 2017 at 10:59PM
    Redx, the legal ones I've read are pointing out things like the signage being deficient, well that's not in dispute.

Oh yes it is!

The signs at Aldi are shocking, over half of them don't have the £70 on them for a start, and if this is one with a hidden keypad to put in a VRN, that's hidden in a corner, away from the tills, and doesn't form part of the contract before parking any more than the £70 does.
    My partner thinks I should just pay it
    Even though PE never sue anyone at Aldi locations and we almost always win at POPLA anyway?

Please copy a long POPLA appeal from another Aldi case and/or put together the long templates, there are like that for the reason that they WIN. Do you want to win? Sounds like you do, so use the templates in post #3 of the sticky thread. You are looking the the sentences that say 'here's a POPLA template' (of course).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • linclass
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh yes it is!

The signs at Aldi are shocking, over half of them don't have the £70 on them for a start, and if this is one with a hidden keypad to put in a VRN, that's hidden in a corner, away from the tills, and doesn't form part of the contract before parking any more than the £70 does.

Even though PE never sue anyone at Aldi locations and we almost always win at POPLA anyway?

Please copy a long POPLA appeal from another Aldi case and/or put together the long templates, there are like that for the reason that they WIN. Do you want to win? Sounds like you do, so use the templates in post #3 of the sticky thread. You are looking the the sentences that say 'here's a POPLA template' (of course).

I've drafted an email to the CEO of Aldi, Coupon mad. Hopefully, he'll answer fairly promptly, and I'll put the reply here. I've just looked on GoogleEarth - the image is 2015, but it does clearly state £70 .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure