EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,183
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well the Norwich trip went well - lots of pals caught up with at the beer festival and rather tasty pizza consumed at one of our favourite pubs, too. Managed to come home exceptionally hung over this morning but with £28 left in my purse so that's a win! Shouldn't need to visit the cashpoint next week. :T Did call in at The supermarkeT on the way back as in my hungover state toast was the ONLY thing that was going to tick the boxes, and we had no bread in. The rest of it will get frozen and I can then use it a slice at a time as I need it so all good.

We've to all intents and purposes done absolutely nothing this afternoon, aside for some light pottering about. I've got the next couple of days food out of the freezer so that's defrosting happily in the fridge. washing machine is set for overnight with towels in.

Right - I have a book to be read. Night all - see you tomorrow!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Happy new diary ! Subscribed x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,516
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ive been to both benbecula my parents were both from there but we were born mainlanders and suffolk and norfolk just move to hunstanton ,cromer,Walton on the naze my list is endless i need to stop sayng if my other half dies first im heading to a beach in that area lol good luck with the plan .
    Therē is funding available for converting derelict crofts back to usable houses if you rake around you should find some info good luckwith your plan church of Scotland properties for sale is also a good place to look .
    So did well on the cc front mortgage bashing next .car finishes in 3 payments .This year gonna swim in lochs and under a waterfallKeep painting try and make it my semi retired career
  • fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,739
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the big signpost - happy new diary. xx
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
  • fru-girl
    fru-girl Posts: 133 Forumite
    @Essex: what are you reading? I'm looking for smth to read, craving a really good (fiction) book.
  • Good morning all and welcome to the party Stepuptothepl8, Elly68 & fannyadams :T:T

Elly We've seen a few of the Church of Scotland properties up for sale - in fact there was one which had it come up a year later than it did, we would almost certainly have looked at. You're right it's definitely worth looking at those, and the old crofthouses too - in fact that's an area we're keeping our eyes firmly peeled in - the traditional "one and three quarter storey" style houses are just so gorgeous - we'd love to live in one of those! Your list of places lived is almost like a list of some of my favourite places though - we tend to spend a fair amount of time around the North Norfolk coast, Weybourne, Sheringham, Cromer etc.

25.5 working hours still to cope until himself in the office gets back - thankfully Madam seems to have walked in in a rather better mood this morning - even me telling her she'd managed to leave the freezer door wide open ALL weekend didn't break the mood! (Although she did say she couldn't understand it as she hadn't gone near it on Friday...well, as I wasn't here at all, we must have freezer-opening-poltergeists, then!)

Plans for this week are just to get one foot in front of the other all week, and to watch the amount of sleep I get, etc. The clock-change at this end of the year REALLY doesn't agree with me, and I need to be aware of impending issues around that.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • fru-girl wrote: »
    @Essex: what are you reading? I'm looking for smth to read, craving a really good (fiction) book.

Err - that one was a historical fiction type thing - can't remember either name or author I'm afraid! However, if you're looking for a good meaty series to get stuck in to, have you read Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" (Voyager) series? It was originally meant to be a trilogy but I believe we're on book 8, now...and she's writing another!
    she/her
  • Err - that one was a historical fiction type thing - can't remember either name or author I'm afraid! However, if you're looking for a good meaty series to get stuck in to, have you read Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" (Voyager) series? It was originally meant to be a trilogy but I believe we're on book 8, now...and she's writing another!

OMG I love this series of books!! If you have amaz0n prime they've got a TV dramatisation too, and it's not half bad either :D
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Hey up here we are stealing ourselves for a good adventure

Good luck lass you'll of course be there in no time.

:D Happy new diary my lovely squishes in by the 'tothers.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello EH

I've always meant to read your diary in full as I have a similar plan in mind :D though rather further off! De-lurking now and wishing you luck!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family