Motor Ombudsman Advice

Comments

• sambobo
    sambobo Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2017 at 12:58PM
    Car_54 wrote: »
    That's "just" 30% of the tyres' life. Definitely a warranty claim.
    well, its not covered in my warranty but that would be nice! unfortunately i did just change the tyres about 7000 miles ago. I will see how the case with the ombudsman goes - i doubt they give me the opportunity to generate more demands. In any case - if the damage to me will be less than £100 its probably not worth my time arguing about. More Interested in what my rights are and how to deal with ombudsman really as in the original post.

I feel like someone has called the fun police on this topic.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    As alluded to earlier, there's definitely something of a sea monster about this thread. :D
  • sambobo
    So VW Gatwick have already completed the Flywheel and Air Con compressor repairs under warranty. I will be picking up the car shortly and dropping off the courtesy car. :j
    We shall see what the paperwork says about other damaged items yet.

So all of you ney-saying sea monsters can suck the emissions out of my rear end.

Now back to the topic, what sort of consumer rights do i have with regards to rescinding the PCP contract?
  • BeenThroughItAll
    BeenThroughItAll Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    sambobo wrote: »
    So VW Gatwick have already completed the Flywheel and Air Con compressor repairs under warranty. I will be picking up the car shortly and dropping off the courtesy car. :j
    We shall see what the paperwork says about other damaged items yet.

So all of you ney-saying sea monsters can suck the emissions out of my rear end.

Now back to the topic, what sort of consumer rights do i have with regards to rescinding the PCP contract?

Since you used a similar phrase, 'pics of the jobsheet or it didn't happen'.

Regarding the PCP, what does the contract say? Any rights to terminate will be in there. A simple (or even a complex) warranty repair doesn't give you the right to terminate.
  • sambobo
    Thanks yeah I will attempt a pic later. I will check the terms again this weekend but I was hoping that my consumer rights might supercede the terms of the contract. What do you think ? My complaint is not about the warranty but about the service promise advert situation. I think they dealt with the repair in a commendable and appropriate manner . Apart from making me drive the "dangerous" car away last week.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    BeenThroughItAll Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    Thanks yeah I will attempt a pic later. I will check the terms again this weekend but I was hoping that my consumer rights might supercede the terms of the contract. What do you think ? My complaint is not about the warranty but about the service promise advert situation. I think they dealt with the repair in a commendable and appropriate manner . Apart from making me drive the "dangerous" car away last week.

1. The car wasn't 'dangerous' because of a dodgy DMF and aircon that doesn't work.
    2. You not getting a courtesy car every time you wanted one is not grounds for any kind of contract termination - your PCP is not with the VW garage, which will be a privately run franchise, it will be with VW Financial Services or someone similar; and the clue is in the name 'courtesy' car. They're a courtesy, or privilege, not a right.
  • sambobo
    1. The car wasn't 'dangerous' because of a dodgy DMF and aircon that doesn't work.
    that is contrary to the opinion of customer services staff at vw Milton Keynes. And also my own opinion.
    2. You not getting a courtesy car every time you wanted one is not grounds for any kind of contract termination - your PCP is not with the VW garage, which will be a privately run franchise, it will be with VW Financial Services or someone similar; and the clue is in the name 'courtesy' car. They're a courtesy, or privilege, not a right.
    you are corre about the PCP. this is why I'm taking vw to ombudsman rather than the motorline Gatwick. Not a privalege but a paid-for promise which advertised by vw and then not fulfilled
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My complaint is not about the warranty but about the service promise advert situation..

Do claims and/or promises made in an advert form part of the contract?

Is the price you paid for a courtesy car, or promise to get you home or to work, separately itemised on the sales invoice? (I think, if I've followed this thread correctly, you say you've paid extra in reliance on this claim/promise?)

If this were essential to my decision to buy this car, I'd want something explicit in writing.
  • sambobo
    Do claims and/or promises made in an advert form part of the contract?

Is the price you paid for a courtesy car, or promise to get you home or to work, separately itemised on the sales invoice? (I think, if I've followed this thread correctly, you say you've paid extra in reliance on this claim/promise?)

If this were essential to my decision to buy this car, I'd want something explicit in writing.

I don't think that any of the promises are written on the contract. But I am paying extra for vw service plan for this purpose that is a separate item from the car I think.

Do people normally get the company to write all the claims on their adverts on the contracts ? If I could go back in time I would. In fact I'd I could go back in time I would have never entered this contract as it is too expensive and unfair to consumer
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 June 2017 at 5:21PM
    I don't think that any of the promises are written on the contract. But I am paying extra for vw service plan for this purpose that is a separate item from the car I think.

Do people normally get the company to write all the claims on their adverts on the contracts ? If I could go back in time I would. In fact I'd I could go back in time I would have never entered this contract as it is too expensive and unfair to consumer

So now we're getting to the crux of it - you want to wriggle out of your contract and presumably get a refund on monies paid - nice idea.

Despite all your bigging up of the Ombudsman he's not going to touch it until you've exhausted the formal complaints procedure of Motorline (and then VW if you choose to escalate to them)

Given we're 6 pages in now this one could drag
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport