IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help LIDL's Athena ANPR Ltd civil Parking Notice £180!!!

Comments

• seems to have worked, hasn't come back yet, Chris.Hartnagel@lidl.co.uk

Lets hope this works, will keep this thread updated.
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Laura Johnston
    Customer Service Management
    customer.services@lidl.co.uk

From reading previous posts I believe Ronny passed all the parking complaints on to Laura. Email customer services again. In the subject line put "FOR THE ATTENTION OF LAURA JOHNSTON and include both PCN numbers and Reg Nos.

ETA : cross posted again.
  • DollyDee_2
    well it seems to have been sent ok to Chris.Hartnagel@lid.co.uk

win?

There's an "l" missing off lidl in that post but the next post is correct.
  • i double checked and the email is ok ^^. thanks for letting me know tho.
  • DollyDee_2
    Hope it get's sorted for you and your Mum. Fingers crossed.

Stupid, sodding, jumped up private parking companies!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 October 2016 at 10:06PM
    DollyDee wrote: »
    Hope it get's sorted for you and your Mum. Fingers crossed.

Stupid, sodding, jumped up private parking companies!

But in this case, Lidl creams off the greatest part of the penalty payment, with Athena waiting under the table for the scraps, relating to their work for the administration of the fine.

Pretty despicable arrangement.

Lidl customers, be very aware!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • chris.hartnagel@lidl.co.uk has finally come back, no address found, dammit. Looks like I will have to send this to the Customer Service, laura Johnston.
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37318792

As the former CEO's email address was Ronny.Gottschlich@lidl.co.uk the new CEO's email address should be Christian.Hartnagel@lidl.co.uk if it follows the same format.

I've just checked the Lidl UK complaints website and it is still stating Ronny Gottschlich as CEO. Try his email address as quoted above. Might work.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I would not have put a dot after 'chris' as that didn't follow the 'ronny' example.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    In your letter, you wrote
    "Imagine therefore our distress when, a few days later we each received two parking charge notices for the time
    spent in your store car park to a sum of £180. Is this the way that you treat all of your disabled customers?

Up until now we have appreciated the help that you have offered to us, but this action is both out of character for your company and completely unacceptable."

Prior to the recipient receiving your letter, is there any evidence that the company knew of your mother's disability? If not, then how were they to know that the person occupying the disabled space was not 100% able bodied??

As I wrote earlier, your approach is, at this stage, inappropriate. It would be entirely appropriate if, after informing Lidl of your mother's mobility issues, they turned you down and you chose to follow it up, but your indignation at this stage is premature.

They appear to have, on the face of it, offered to intercede and you are throwing it back in their face. There is a time to get all "I know my rights" but it is not when the people that can help are offering to do just that.

If you and others can't see that, then something is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure