PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all, welcome to Evie and Iwilldoitthistime :wave:

Well I have to fess up, after feeling unwell for a few days and not really eating last night I had 2 slices pizza, 2 slices garlic bread, 5 pieces chicken and half a cookie dough dessert with ice cream :eek:

I actually felt better after eating and slept well last night. I felt ok this morning until I had weetbics with milk and now got abdominal pain again :( Perhaps I should just live off pizza :D

Plans for today:

B - weetbics, skimmed milk
    L - something with salad
    D - chicken breast with plain jacket potato, veg and gravy

Exercise - after 2 days laying on the sofa I am going to make myself go for a walk of at least 30 minutes.

Does anyone else find as they lose weight their wobbly bits get wobblier :o I need to find some exercises to tone the inner thighs and stomach that will not hurt my bad back... and something for my "batwings"
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Skint Yet Again - I was thinking about batwings yesterday too - I've done loads of swimming and the biceps side of my arms are quite firm and starting to get defined now but I'm a bit conscious about the bingo wing side. After investigation I've decided to do a combination of tricep dips using the sofa as my height guide and overhead raises using bean tins or bottles of squash - my home gym is very technical and sophisticated:rotfl:

For those that may not be sure - sit on the floor with your back to the sofa, put your hands on the sofa behind you, come up into a sort of bum off the floor position and lower yourself up and down only using your arms (the tricep dip) and stand upright with a tin of beans held above your head, lower the bean tin to your should blade (at the back of you head) only bending the elbow (overhead raises), repeat on both arms.

I'm going to do 3 sets of 10 to start with the dips and 3 sets of 10 on each arm with the overhead raises.

No running or swimming today - giving the old legs a bit of a break but I will do a quick 20mins of Shredding at some point and the bingo wings routine:rotfl:

Off to Mr S in a few mins and will try to be restrained, financially and treat wise! Will report food later.
  • WelshWoofer... thanks for that I can def manage the tins of beans so will give that a go ... the simplest ideas are often the best (and cheapest) dont you find :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Off to stirling soon. Sun is shining washing drying. Welcome newbies
    B 2 weetabix
    L unknown
    D cottage cheese salad
    E 15 mins workout plus walking round stirling

Aww you make me so jealous! I lived near Stirling for a long time, and would love to be out for a walk there on such a lovely day (with midgie repellent obv!) hope you have a lovely day!

B: I skip breakfast on Sundays
    L: large baked potato with beans
    D: Stuffed mushrooms (veg and passata) with mashed potatoes or rice
    S: small scoop of ice cream (then the tub is gone and I'm giving up sugar)
  • Morning all and hello to Evie and iwilldoitthistime

Welshwoofer, I will be doing your exercise ideas too, maybe we should start a virtual exercise class ?, I will have to do something about my love handles too.

Well yesterday lunch wise wasn't bad, I had half a cornish pasty and a banana, which doesn't sound too bad until I got home and logged into m fitnes pal. Didn't realise cornish pasties were 550 calories:eek:, so pleased I didn't eat it all.
    Today
    We have brunch when we are both off on a Sunday, so I had 2 l/f sausages, a dry fried egg, mushrooms, baked beans and a slice of toast.
    D: roast beef, potatoes and veg
    S: fruit and l/f yoghurt

Exercise: 2 dog walks (80 mins) and 30 min exercise dvd

Hope the sun shines where you are

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • Evie74_2
    Evie74_2 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Morning all

Well, it's day 1 and I feel quite positive about shifting the pounds. My plan to spend the morning gardening has been scuppered by torrential rain, which is a bit of a pain. I have no space at all in the house at the moment for DVDs or exercise bike as we are in the middle of having our kitchen replaced and every spare inch is taken up with boxes. Next weekend it'll be back to normal I hope. The lack of kitchen is making catering a challenge as well, so today's menu will be:

B: Fruit and yogurt.
    L: Soup, ham sandwich and lots of salad
    D: Chicken, salad and couscous
    S: Fruit and fat free yogurt

Not sure how that will work out calorie-wise so will try myfitnesspal and also calculate the WW points (which is what I have been used to in the past) and see whether that is a reasonable amount.

Hopefully if the weather clears I'll be able to persuade the DDs off the sofa and out for a walk with me.

Have good days all

Evie xx
    "Live simply, so that others may simply live"
    Weight Loss Challenge: 0/70
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    I did 'The shred' as promised :j

Today is ok (ish) if you dont count the cream cake :eek:

B: 2 Hm wholemeal toast, butter, 2 x boiled eggs
    S: handful of strawberries & lf yog
    L: 2 x Hm wholemeal toast & butter
    T: Jamie Olivers meatballs with spagetti
    S: cream cake :eek:

I cant stop 'treating' myself I keep thinking- it a long weekend off work i deserve a treat :o

Oh well hopefully the hours walk and the 30 day shred I have done today will help to cancel out the cake
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • Evie74_2
    Evie74_2 Posts: 265 Forumite
    £5 to go swimming :eek: Id want to swim with dolphins for that :rotfl:. I pay £13.50 per month dd and can go as many time as I like- but I guess different councils have different rules etc

I know - our council must be making a fortune! It's a new pool so I guess they have to get the money back from somewhere, but even so! And it's £30/month by DD (but I think that does include use of the gym as well, although not the classes). It's a shame as I miss my swimming :(.

So far so good today - I've stuck to the planned food so far. I am going to try some oatbran porridge for brekkie tomorrow as I can take the ingredients to work and make it in the microwave. It is supposed to fill you up and help lower cholesterol etc as well so it's worth a try. Apparently you can make pancakes with oatbran as well (I saw the recipe on the Frugal in Cornwall blog) so I will definitely be trying that as soon as I have a cooker again!

Evie xx
    "Live simply, so that others may simply live"
    Weight Loss Challenge: 0/70
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Evening All

I've had a good day pottering around in the kitchen cooking and doing a bit of ironing. I made red pepper soup for lunches later in the week as well as cooking the Sunday roast.

B: Milky coffee
    L: Second half of the cauliflower crust pizza I made yesterday. HM chocolate mousse.
    D: Roast chicken, 2 small HM Yorkshire puddings, peas, carrots, sweetcorn and courgette. Frozen raspberries blended with yoghurt to make a mock icecream. (The others all had roast potatoes with their meal followed by pancakes with sugar and lemon juice.)
    Snack: Handful of raspberries straight off the canes in the garden.

Exercise: Just a short walk to the Co-Op and back so only about half a mile.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Havent done too bad today despite milk curdling in my stomach again this morning :( Think I will stay off milk for a few days

B - weetbics
    L - microrice and half a tin of steak in gravy with peas
    D - Roast chicken (cooking now and smells divine) ...keep telling myself "I will not eat the skin... I will not eat the skin..." ;) with plain jacket potato, carrots & cabbage and gravy

snacks - 2 x satsuma

exercise - 40mins brisk walking

Living off savings diary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure