May the (NST) force be with you

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Another NSD.

Went for the walk - it was just me and the gorgeous helth trainer. Did a 1 mile walk in just over 19 minutes which he thought was quite good. They have three one mile walks organised, all of which start and finish at their shop.

Today I am grateful for lovely weather, a good walk with pleasant company and my new dress which is lovely (same style as one I already had but a different colour and in cotton jersey fabric).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yesterday was a NSD and also today which takes me to 4 :)

Was on a late shift today so got out in the garden for a bit. Things are beginning to grow which is quite exciting, never grown anything other than windowsill herbs before.

Today I'm grateful for a long lie, a quiet morning pottering around the garden and a good shift at work.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spent some money on YS items but saved £8.36 on the deal. Freezers are beginning to get a bit full again but at least it's not leftovers and all the YS items will save money in the long run. Think I might be getting the portion control a bit better now. Other than that a quiet day but grateful for the beautiful weather to walk in.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    I am planning a nsd today. Will go for a walk in the afternoon but will spend the day in the house. I do have to spend money tomorrow but that cant helped.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry everyone - I'm struggling a bit mentally so it's hard to get on and check in. My spending has gotten a bit out of control. I am here in spirit though, and grateful that I am mentally strong, and that I've raised confident children :D
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had little man's tummy bug the last few days - thankfully just feeling sick as a dog without actually puking. Did get me 2 NSDs though :) Up to 3 NSDs now.

Saturday spent on 6 herb pots for £4.49 and a little wheelbarrow for little man which was worth every penny as he happily followed us round the garden centre with it carrying a few stones and played with it at his Nannas on Sunday. Sunday bought my mum a coffee at a local cafe.

Sorted out a money transfer on my cc at 0% for 26 months to pay some of the car final payment. Will soon pay it off with the extra £300 spare from no more monthly payments. Umming and aahing whether to put the remainder on another cc at 7.9% and pay it off when my share value goes up a bit more, usually does in July and I get dividends then too. Or if the interest means it'd be better to just cash in my shares now. It's all guessing what the shares will do.

Today I'm grateful for

Not feeling so pukey
    Mum & dad taking little man & dog to the park for a few hours so I could rest
    Sorting out most of car payment interest free
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Today I managed a nsd. Somehow. I need fruitshoots for my kids but I had a clubcard voucher which got me the fruitshoots so bagged no spend day and tomorrow is NSD to because of it.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Today I managed NSD no. 2 :j

Had a good, productive day at work. Allocation hit and made about 10 mins of flexi time! Lol.

Tomorrow should be a fairly busy day at work, but planning on getting in earlier tomorrow.

I might take my work laptop home at some point and see if I can get it working. If I can I might ask to do some working from home in the future. It'd be nice not to worry about commute time some days. I think I'd get more work done, and quicker too.

Today I'm grateful for my Tom, as he's making dinner tonight. I'm also grateful for the sunshine this evening and the long, hot bath I'll have tonight!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • NSD today, used up some slightly dodgy veggies in the fridge and managed to avoid the lure of the corner shop for some chocolate. Got my step count up and despite having to sit through some mind numbing mandatory training at work so feeling it has been a pretty good day. Know my sunny mood won't last so going to appreciate it while it does. Luckily I have never had to struggle with my health (mental and physical) the way some do on here for which I am very grateful but I think as a result I don't always appreciate a good mood day the way I probably should
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Today I am grateful for the dining table to spread all my stuff on, for only needing a light jacket this morning for the journey to work, for coinciding with a colleague on the bus, for the queue in the PO going down enough for me to send off my package and get to dd's school in time (I did have to run though!), for being able to run, for finding a book for dd off her reading list in a charity shop and the lady saying I could pay another time as it cost 20p and I only had £10 as I'm a regular, for the mushrooms making tea extra yummy, for tomorrow's dentist visit to sort out my falling out tooth, for the anticipation of step dd's baby.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure