One Select - New Energy Company

fredandwilma
fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
The Big British Switch is offering me an exclusive offer it says will offer the cheapest Direct Debit tariff for more than half of Great Britain. One Select is another new energy company, incorporated in July 2016. It offers no exit fees and hassle-free customer service.

Quote for me:

Unit rate (p/kWh)

Gas 2.911

Electricity 11.377

Standing Charge (p/day)

Gas 14.333

Electricity 14.333

Values include VAT at 5%

Tariff name - Secure fixed for 12 months.

It's a highly competitive tariff, although still more expensive than my current tariff, so it won't entice me personally, to switch. I wonder if this is the tariff MSE will offer through the CEC, this week?
Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 April 2017 at 8:57AM
    When I input my details, the Big British Switch was showing a huge saving........but then I realised that my current Better Energy gas tariff was incorrect in their calculator!
    By my spreadsheet there would be a saving of ~ £42....but £30 of that would go as exit fees with B.E and I would also lose out on the extra Winter's fix with B.E....so good but no cigar!!

EDIT - Not strictly their fault - the form defaulted to the wrong Better Energy tariff even tho' I selected the correct one -now showing a saving of £45pa which is near enuf to my spreadsheet :o
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think that the guys at MSE have learned through experience that if they want a quiet life then they do not offer a collective switch to a supplier that doesn't have a proven track record. Looking at Companies House, this is another recently formed one man band. Does the Company actually have its own website?
  • fredandwilma
    edited 23 April 2017 at 9:50AM
    I ignore any calculations any comparison site gives me.

It's always more accurate to DIY.
    Hengus wrote: »
    I think that the guys at MSE have learned through experience that if they want a quiet life then they do not offer a collective switch to a supplier that doesn't have a proven track record. Looking at Companies House, this is another recently formed one man band. Does the Company actually have its own website?

Plenty of info on them via various sources as you've said, but there doesn't appear to be a website.

I wonder how you get in touch with them with queries?

I can't find any contact details, anywhere.

Via the Big British Switch?
    Details Of Supplier

OneSelect is an energy company with a unique and simple approach. By making sure our customers are aware of their energy consumption we put them in control – helping them to save energy and do their bit for the environment. One Select offers great energy deals at wholesale prices with a fixed fee for the services we provide. This gives you the best pricing possible and lets you know exactly what you’re paying for. By keeping our business costs low and operating mainly online we pass on further savings to you. We also pride ourselves on excellent customer service!

Carpe diem
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 April 2017 at 10:05AM

Via the Big British Switch?

But they are part of MyUtilityGenius - an accredited PCW. I cannot see them being interested in a billing query.

Trading would appear to be tough for PCWs at the moment:

Net Worth 2013 - (£636,876) Net Worth 2016 - (£2,006,391) NB: these are minus figures

Source: CompanyCheck - MyUtilityGenius Ltd
  • fredandwilma
    edited 23 April 2017 at 10:17AM
    But they are part of MyUtilityGenius - an accredited PCW. I cannot see them being interested in a billing query.

Exactly. The only way to find out, is to switch.

Shame :rotfl:

It seems much information about the company, has been withdrawn from public view, and there is no website, email address, telephone number etc.

It's quite concerning to be offered a tariff from this company, when it's clear there are communication problems from the outset?

I would advise caution to anyone in the same position who is offered this tariff from an accredited PCW.

Trading would appear to be tough for PCWs at the moment:

Net Worth 2013 - (£636,876) Net Worth 2016 - (£2,006,391) NB: these are minus figures

Source: CompanyCheck - MyUtilityGenius Ltd

:rotfl::rotfl:

Carpe diem
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Exactly. The only way to find out, is to switch.

Shame :rotfl:

It seems much information about the company, has been withdrawn from public view, and there is no website, email address, telephone number etc.

It's quite concerning to be offered a tariff from this company, when it's clear there are communication problems from the outset?

I would advise caution to anyone in the same position who is offered this tariff from an accredited PCW.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Yes there is!

http://www.oneselect.co.uk/

282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7NA

Need help? Call 0333 21 25 973

customercare@oneselect.co.uk
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I think that the guys at MSE have learned through experience that if they want a quiet life then they do not offer a collective switch to a supplier that doesn't have a proven track record. ...

Last September in their Big Energy Switch Event 5, MSE were promoting Bulb as the cheapest green tariff
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2016/09/new-mse-big-energy-switch-event-5--british-gas-300yr-saving-for-new--existing-customers

Iirc, Bulb only started taking on customers in January of that year.
  • I,ve just done a comparison on energyhelpline.co.uk & these are coming out cheapest of all in manweb area.

Quidco offering £32 cashback for switching through energyhelpline as well.

Tempted...Very tempted!
  • Hi

I'm looking at oneselect at the minute has any one been or is a customer of theirs?
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coming out as the cheapest for me (but some margin), but can't seem to find any feedback... Anyone have any experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure