Plusnet price rises

1234568»

Comments

• Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Broadwood wrote: »
    Yes - see my post #17 of "Sky Broadband MSE offer" thread below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5651307

Similar Sky package using the MSE Sky Deal for just £13.50*/month + £9.95 set-up cost, 12-month contract

* Includes 'anytime calls' half price (£4) if ordered with the initial order (see post #82).

The Sky deal is £9.50 line rental, £4 anytime calls, free caller ID and free broadband. :beer:

Scrounger
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 May 2017 at 11:36AM
    Scrounger wrote: »
    The Sky deal is £9.50 line rental, £4 anytime calls, free caller ID and free broadband. :beer:

BT via quidco/topcashback was £208.80 advance line rental, £9.99 router, £5 a month broadband, £150 BT Reward card, £60 cash back.

Which works out at £5.73 a month. :money:

You need to phone/online chat to pay line rental up front as you can only pay online once the line is running and then you could end up with two contracts out of sync.

BT Reward card is now £75 though, but a new offer will appear in a day and a half.
    I spoke to them via online chat and was told I won't be charged, have the transcript / screen grab so should be good. Also told them to put notification of me leaving on my account. The transfer to new service is over 14 days away so hopefully ok.

I had the same thing when leaving Talk Talk, I don't know whether they chance their arm or if it's just one of those "computer errors"
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    only paying a £30 line cessation fee to PN.

Transfer from Plusnet To BT should mean no cessation fee as their is nothing being ceased - Plusnet is owned by BT
  • charltonfan1
    charltonfan1 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Transfer from Plusnet To BT should mean no cessation fee as their is nothing being ceased - Plusnet is owned by BT

I'm moving house so old line ceased under PN and new house new contract with BT.

It avoids the new line connection fees (brand new home) and moving fees PN wanted to impose.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport