Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Latest goal post moving exercise from TCB, from 2 recent claims:
    First response from missing CB claims submissions
    "Please understand that this process is likely to take from four weeks to several months"
    2, or several months later months....
    "it is from this date that we generally expect a resolution within 2-3 months from this merchant. Please note that this can take longer in some cases due to the large volume of data the network receives on a daily basis."
    Then why quote 4 weeks to several months, you bunch of numpties.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Update on my AXA claim.

I had a message from TCB early this afternoon that my AXA cashback (£94.50) was now at payable. Cashed out.
    So, tomorrow, when I receive a callback from AXA, I'll be able to confirm resolved.

Yes, Matt won't be too happy as he sees cashback as just a possibility and can even be shared. He does understand that TCB are indeed classed as an Appointed Representative, but what he doesn't yet understand is the status of a 'principal'. Once he recognises this, things will be more clearer.
    Topcashback Ltd Status: Appointed representative (Reference number: 476080) This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.

Maybe read and re-read that bit underlined and in bold?

A couple of things that have come up in conversations with the FCA, FOS and AXA and something TCB may want to consider. If they are indeed member focused of course.

1. Financial cashback promotions need to be paid in a reasonable time. TCB can wait as long as they want to receive payment, but members shouldn't have to wait longer than a reasonable time. The onus is on TCB to invoice and / or chase up any delays.

2. Have a recognised complaints process. I'm surprised the financial merchants don't insist a complaints process is mandatory. That way, we can contact TCB first rather than the 'principal' and the 'principal' need never get involved and / or have their business tarnished on major forums etc.
    Both the FOS and the FCA agreed TCB don't have a recognised complaints process.

3. Ensure marketing material is correct when promoting financial products.
    (something I'll be discussing tomorrow with AXA)

4. (from me) - stop telling members just to 'Go, go, go away, come back another day'. Much more professional to take any complaint and try and resolve it, rather than take a chance that payments will be received in the next payment run (ie delay tactics). Please take ownership of issues and take them to fruition, where appropriate of course.

I hope I don't end up back here in four or five weeks time, but if I do, I will resolve it.

God luck to all chasing cashback delays, but for financials, it's fairly easy.

Complaint raised Thursday evening, resolved and at payable Thursday afternoon. Just under 1 week to resolve and that included a weekend.
    Have confidence in AXA, they will resolve any issues, I'm sure. Terrific customer service at all levels.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@B_M - I'm delighted to hear your cashback is now payable :)

@Huwbert - If you reply back to your email, if you haven't already done so I'll get this sorted for you :)

@JPears - The actual time frame for claims can vary. It can indeed take several months but we would usually expect a response within 4-12 weeks.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Huwbert
    Huwbert Posts: 93 Forumite
    Hi Matt,

Just seen your reply and your email, EDF cashback now showing as "payable" so many thanks for sorting it :)
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,082 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic

It would seem odd for member to directly challenge networks about commission due to TopCashback.

Nothing odd about it at all, as has been pointed out on this sub-forum previously. MSE is a money saving forum, when TCB are seemingly unable to secure Cashback payment from its partners that it advertises/promotes on their behalf within a reasonable timescale then it should come as no surprise to TCB when the customer/cashback member will contact the merchant themselves in order to receive cashback payment that TCB website clearly states "can be earned"

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/origin-broadband/

"Good to know"

"Origin Cashback can be earned..................."

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=can+be+earned&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=c_rmWNO4Iurv8AfBwxg#q=earned+definition
    Hey everyone,

Happy Friday!

@Huwbert - That is fantastic news to hear! I hope you enjoy the cashback.

@bristolleedsfan - Many thanks for your feedback as always. You can see MSE thoughts on cashback sites here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 April 2017 at 9:13PM

@bristolleedsfan - Many thanks for your feedback as always. You can see MSE thoughts on cashback sites here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites

I really didn't want to post on here again until May (Aviva) if needed, but have to respond to this. :D

Thoughts? Exactly, yes!
    Any authority? No, exactly!
    The MSE views are basically a 'blanket coverage' of cashback sites and don't go into individual sectors.
    If they did, they they could advise of sectors that are covered by regulatory bodies and have the opportunity to take issues to an Ombudsman.
    Financials, obviously, but also the likes of utilities and contract based purchases from telecoms etc.
    Maybe MSE should update those 'views' to include what actions can be taken to recover genuine purchases / promotions that offered cashback incentives?
    This isn't based at TCB in any way or form, it applies to all cashback sites. All purchases made from a cashback site will have an electronic trace and this can easily be identified.
    Cookies? The various Ombudsman services aren't interested in cookies, only that what was offered was given and in a reasonable time. There is a way around this and that's by using immediate (point of purchase) discount codes. Stops any arguments and takes away any possibility of 'naughtiness'.
    But that's just my 'view' and like many 'views', it doesn't hold any authority. We can all have 'views' or 'thoughts', the important ones are those of regulatory bodies.

Maybe back in May. ;)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hey everyone,

I hope you enjoyed the mini heatwave over the weekend!

@B_M - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this article.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Hi Matt,

Any chance you could have a look at my Three cashback please ?

It's been about 6 months now and i'm wondering if i'm ever going to get it.

Cheers :)
    Hi Jasonwatkins,

If you could send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and include the email address you use for TopCashback or username, the date of the transaction and the item purchased, I would be happy to take a look into this for you and see what I can find out!

Thanks,
    Samantha
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback