Weekly Spend Challenge W/C 6th January 2013

1234568»

Comments

• Lottie1987 wrote: »

Total spending for the week: 45.12/£70.00 (£25.39 put into the savings). Which means for the first time ever I am orange as I have finished the week with 48p more than when I started :D

xxx

Hi Lottie

Unfortunately the orange means actually making more than you spent in the week.

For example of you had made that 48p but not spent anything you would be orange. or if you spent £5 but earned £30 on ebay sales. So you spent £45.12, but you would have needed to make that plus some back to be orange.

Sorry to knock your positivity. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • ]Sunday NSD
    Monday NSD
    Tuesday £ 1.72 (Ribena and sweets. Stressful day!)
    Wednesday NSD
    Thursday NSD
    Friday NSD
    Saturday: meal (£23), glossy magazines and sweets (£12.03) friend Gave me £15 for a trip refund from our Holiday in November,

£21.75/£35

May I pledge £35.00 again for next week? Similar plan as am meeting some other friends for lunch tomorrow.
  • Evening all

New thread is up and running, having problems posting the link though. Will keep trying.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
  • New thread HERE hopefully.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
  • £15.00/£35.00 for my first week in this challenge. Not too bad!

I'll pledge £35.00 again for next week please.
    Comper, Blogger & OS-er
    Competition prizes: £6/£2015
  • Hi everyone

Well that was the weirdest week ever!

Sun ~ NSD
    Mon ~ £4.00 on bottle of coffee
    Tues ~ NSD
    Wed ~ NSD
    Thurs ~ NSD
    Fri ~ NSD

Then today! OMG! :eek:

My landlady called me this morning to ask if she can come round about lunch time. I was in and said it was fine, we get on really well and she hasn't put my rent up in 10 yrs that I've lived here!

I recently decided to repaint the flat after she paid for new windows for me. It was her suggestion after she'd come here to sign the lease and decided that I needed new windows put in. I was quite pleased because she'd brought it up and not me. I could tolerate the windows but they were old, wooden and heavy. Anyhow ...

She got here and asked me how much I'd paid for the paint to paint the place and reimbursed me the £64.00 I'd spent on paint, even though I told her she didn't have to and then she gave me an envelope with a card in and said just a small something to say thank you for looking after the place so well and redecorating it yourself. She had offered to send someone to do it but because of recent traumas I had decided to do it myself as it would be good therapy.

When she left I opened the envelope and found a £50 note inside with a thank you card! I was speechless! I texted her to say thank you so much etc. I didn't want to open the card in front of her and embarrass her and myself and make it awkward. She is an exceptionally lovely lady and I am really blessed to have such a lovely landlady who looks after me so well.

So now the dilemma is, what do I do with that? Does that mean I spent £ 4.00 this week or made £110.00 after the £4 spend?

I'm severely confused! HELP! :eek:

Cheers
    Casper
    xx
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
  • Hi everyone

Well that was the weirdest week ever!

Sun ~ NSD
    Mon ~ £4.00 on bottle of coffee
    Tues ~ NSD
    Wed ~ NSD
    Thurs ~ NSD
    Fri ~ NSD

Then today! OMG! :eek:

My landlady called me this morning to ask if she can come round about lunch time. I was in and said it was fine, we get on really well and she hasn't put my rent up in 10 yrs that I've lived here!

I recently decided to repaint the flat after she paid for new windows for me. It was her suggestion after she'd come here to sign the lease and decided that I needed new windows put in. I was quite pleased because she'd brought it up and not me. I could tolerate the windows but they were old, wooden and heavy. Anyhow ...

She got here and asked me how much I'd paid for the paint to paint the place and reimbursed me the £64.00 I'd spent on paint, even though I told her she didn't have to and then she gave me an envelope with a card in and said just a small something to say thank you for looking after the place so well and redecorating it yourself. She had offered to send someone to do it but because of recent traumas I had decided to do it myself as it would be good therapy.

When she left I opened the envelope and found a £50 note inside with a thank you card! I was speechless! I texted her to say thank you so much etc. I didn't want to open the card in front of her and embarrass her and myself and make it awkward. She is an exceptionally lovely lady and I am really blessed to have such a lovely landlady who looks after me so well.

So now the dilemma is, what do I do with that? Does that mean I spent £ 4.00 this week or made £110.00 after the £4 spend?

I'm severely confused! HELP! :eek:

Cheers
    Casper
    xx

Just trying to get my head around it, but you are orange as you have made £110. :j:j

My working out is you had £10, spent £4, so £6 left, got given £114 which made £120, take out the original £10 and you are left with £110 profit. If that makes sense.

What a good week you've had and how lovely to be appreciated. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills