Kitchen units fell off wall!

We moved into a new (to us, it is actually 10 years old) flat 1 month ago. There was little storage so we had some more kitchen units and work surface fitted last week (Monday 22nd May).

We went with a company, 'B', that was recommended by a friend. Someone came out to measure up and discuss what we wanted. He contacted fitter and arranged a date. The first time we had any contact with the fitter, 'S', was when he turned up along with the guy from B on Monday morning. We paid S direct.

Today I heard an almighty crash and my husband swear and found all the new units had fallen off the wall :eek:

We are incredibly lucky that neither of us were hurt. Also that there is little damage other than to the units and work surface.#

Having looked at B's website today, they state that they only supply and 'recommend' a fitter. I would argue that they do rather more than 'recommend' as the first contact we had with S was on the morning of installation.

Of course, we cannot do anything until Tuesday. I suspect that B and S are going to try and pass the blame between them.

In your view, who does carry responsibility for this? The company B, or the fitter S?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport