Ian simpson photography (wirral)

Just to let people know this guy has folded and took the deposits and sent a letter saying hard luck....
His website is still up and running just in case anyone might use him...Beware...I will have fun getting the deposit back..:cool:
It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.

Comments

• CompBunny
    CompBunny Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Sorry to hear that :( I can't imagine how annoyed you must feel, I hope you get your deposit back. xx
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215
    Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72

Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    CompBunny wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that :( I can't imagine how annoyed you must feel, I hope you get your deposit back. xx
    I will...;)
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    I'm a member of Wirral weddings on Facebook so I've posted it there too. Sadly a woman on the group has also booked him :(
  • Firstly thank you to MSE for allowing me a chance to reply to this vicious and untruthful post. Please let me correct some facts regarding my wedding and portraiture business that will hopefully dispel the above vitriol and discredit the poster.

Regarding weddings, i shot my last one in 2012, two years before this post was started. When this post was made i had been in full time teaching for almost 2 years and had long since moved on from wedding work.

It was my choice to stop shooting weddings following a stroke in Jan 2012. During this period i honored every single wedding contract, did not take a penny from people without fulfilling a shoot, despite being rather ill during that year. My business was always in profit and i didn't owe anyone a penny. I never went "bust". I simply left my studio once the lease expired. And i certainly did not send a letter to anyone with the words "hard luck". I hope this has put the record straight.

I do not know this poster, have to the best of my knowledge never met them and deny 100% everything i have been accused of. Where the anger comes from i genuinely have no idea. To post this sort of thing is cowardly. After all it is very easy to hide behind a wall of words. The fact that i have never been approached personally by this person says it all.

To everyone who has responded to this post, especially stephb1986, all i can say is, you were used and i hope that some form of apology will eventually make its way to me. You should always get both sides of a story before making a judgement.

Finally, to all my hundreds of satisfied clients over the years, thank you for your support.

The truth always prevails.

Ian Simpson
    Photographer
    Wirral
  • We've given James Allen a right of reply. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • cashewnut
    cashewnut Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    What a strange thread :/