I suppose it's taught me a lesson...

Options
...but I've got to vent!!!

Went to buy a £10 top up for my mobile yesterday, just put it in my purse & left the shop - when I went to enter it I discovered that they'd given me O2 instead of Orange, and they won't exchange it cos I left the shop!!!

I'm hoping to be able to find someone I know that uses O2 PAYG, but no luck so far :(

I'd been doing so well this month too, it makes me want to go eat a bar of chocolate as big as my head!
Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)

Comments

• stacey21_2
    Options
    Could you sell it on ebay?
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • OberonSH
    OberonSH Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    Options
    Think that's disgusting, especially if you went back not too long after. Could you not have a word ith the manager, as it was their error?
    This year I'm getting organised once and for all, and going to buy a house with my wonderful other half. And that' s final!

Current Pay Off Target : £1500 :mad:
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Stacey - I did have a look on Ebay & not many phone vouchers are on there & they don't seem to sell - I guess because it could be a scam as once the code's been used it's no good.

Oberon - unfortunately it was a while before I took it back as I bought it on my way to a meeting & didn't manage to get back to the shop for a couple of hours.

It does mean that in future I will stand and check the voucher at the counter though!
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]

• LookingAhead
    Options
    Oh that's a real bummer! I would be so cross with myself too so I can sympathise!

Just keep asking around at work/friends etc and I am sure it will go eventually.

Chin up mate, and go get that choccy! ;)
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • stacey21_2
    Options
    Hi,

Ive got o2 payg sim cards that if you top up £10 they give you 300 free texts.
    I could send you one if you want, then that means you can still text/phone whoever temporarily with a new number just to get the use out of the top up?

It is sealed, not been open, still on the wee credit card part.
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Stacey,

Thank you soooo much, this is what I love about this site, people are so generous even though no-one has much themselves. I'll PM you my address, so are an :A

Storm

• LookingAhead
    Options
    I was just thinking the same Storm about the site! :)
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was just about to offer but Stacey beat me to it. The O2 one will probably save you money aswell. I think I'd put in a written complaint to the shop about the refusal to exchange aswell!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I work in a shop which does Paypoint and if the phone top up credit is on a voucher,just a little slip of paper then it cant be reversed by the machine itself and even says on the machine that it is un-refundable.

In our shop once you leave the shop you basically have no chance of getting it exchanged or refunded as there is no way you can tell if it has been succesfully used.

Have you thought about getting a swipe card for your phone? I`m sure you can also register your debt card too for top ups?
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport