The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Noddle ??????????????????????credit report

Comments

• You get a rating out of 5, rather than a number. It's free.

Anyone who wants a rating out of 5, please send me a few quid every month and i'll generate a brand new "score" for you. I know it's not free but that's because mine is real.

Really it is ;)
  • myright - You've got a free introductory offer.

Your score is 5/5

Yay! Go you!

See you 1st December for your next :)
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    I've never heard of Noddle until very recently.

Now it keeps on popping up here quite regularly.

Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or just a fairly successful spamming campaign for MSE to deal with?
  • Scarpacci
    Scarpacci Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    opinions4u wrote: »
    I've never heard of Noddle until very recently.
    It's fairly new, that's why. :p:D
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or just a fairly successful spamming campaign for MSE to deal with?
    Somewhere in between. It's from CallCredit so obviously the credit report you get is from the smaller, less-used agency, but getting any credit report for free, regularly, is good. The website is still in beta and could do with some work to make the report clearer, but I'm sure they're getting there.

I don't think it's a spamming campaign, just regular people passing on their happiness at getting their credit report for free.
    This is everybody's fault but mine.
  • ChopperST
    ChopperST Posts: 1,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Very good for me so far, also use equifax via my capital one card.

Noddle's display is a little more HTML based but all the information is there and its free. Can't see whats not to like to be honest. Like others have said I imagine the user interface and features will improve as time goes on...
  • c-m
    c-m Posts: 770
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    forgot my password because they force you to use 1 capital, 1 lowercase and a number.

I believe I should be able to choose the security level of my password, rather than be forced to remember some odd password string along with the 50-100 other passwords I need to remember for email, work, websites, banks, telephone banking, pins, etc..

If anything it's less secure, because next time i will just write the password down.
  • myright
    myright Posts: 689 Forumite
    I want to check my credit score just to show me an indication or reflection of what my creit file looks like .

Also it does say on noddle FAQ, that is provides credit ratings and and confidence ratings. But I'm finding it difficult to find where they are. Pehaps somebody can point it out to me where this information is.
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,115
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have had a Noddle account for a few months now and it's a great service, you can keep an eye on your credit report for free. Their internal scoring system can be a bit bizarre at times, as I guess can any other scoring system but it doesn't really matter.

I have also found that you get access to the actual Call Credit site, not that it offers anything else but you can get more than one report a month, which Noddle limits you to. If you are waiting for something to fall off your file and don't want to have to wait for Noddle, you can go into Call Credit and generate a new report to see if it has gone or not. Again it doesn't really benefit you at all and I guess you could just wait for the next Noddle one but if you don't want to, you dont need to.

All in all a good service and as it should be FREE.
  • I want to check my credit score just to show me an indication or reflection of what my creit file looks like

Ok. You do understand though that this figure they generate is not a true reflection? There are alot of posts on here by people proving that the CRA's can and do alter these "scores" to try and entice prospective customers to buy into their other "products" and "services". Why on earth would someones score go down, just after CCJ's/defaults etc fall off their report right? Surely it should go up as you're report is looking better, and has less negating factors? These are some confusing issues i've read about recently from people who waste time on "scores". The CRA's are businesses out to make a fortune, and aren't there to provide us with all that [misleading] information for nothing.

It's a con, and seeing this number whether out of 999 or out of 5, generated on your computer screen, isn't going to make a button of difference to your chances of being accepted for credit. I had an experian account a few years back and my "score" bounced around from week to week from 550 to 900 even though not one single element changed on my credit lines or circumstances.

Total nonsense, however our friendly experian consumer representative will tell you different.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    I just tried to sign up to Noddle, but things didn't go to plan.

First time I tried I filled everything in and then got "Duplicate user. Forgot password?". (Could have told me this before I entered all the information)

So I filled everything in again with a different user but was concerned the token from Noddle wouldn't be added so I quit and reclicked the link from the welcome email.

Third time I filled everything in again and got "Payment failure." and asked to use a different card.

I thought using the link from Noddle meant I didn't pay? Or do they take it and refund it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure