IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking ticket - Letter from Roxburghe

Just had a letter from Roxburghe claiming I am responsible for an unpaid parking charge notice. I wasn't driving on the day in question (husband was) and I have a season ticket for the car park so I've already emailed the issuer (Meteor) to refuse to pay. I've looked back at the original parking ticket and it doesn't actually mention being a "parking charge notice" although it does have a couple of references to PCN several times, so could be interpreted as a Penalty Charge Notice. Do you think I should mention this in my response to Roxburghe, or keep it in hand in case they try to follow this up?

I've already got evidence that the car park T&C's refer to Penalty Charge Notices, the charges are excessive and I have a season ticket for the car park, so lots of breaches of the BPA code of practice.

Comments

• Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    The best way to deal with it is to ignore them. Don't enter into correspondance unless you want to tell Roxburghe that you dispute the debt and tell them to pass it back to their client. They will be legallyh obliged to stop contacting you at that point.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • Thanks - I want to send a response to tell them to give up, so I will add in your suggestion.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ajb77 wrote: »
    Thanks - I want to send a response to tell them to give up, so I will add in your suggestion.

TBH it is pointless writing to them but if you really have to, just make it two or three lines complaining abiout HARASSMENT and include Trebor16's wording, and ending that you will report them to the OFT if they continue to contact you in any form and in any guise (including when pretending to be 'Graham White Solicitors').

Do NOT word your letter like an appeal or anything. Do not refer to the parking situation, the fake PCN nor who was driving, or anything other than saying that you are the registered keeper of xxxx car and have received their latest letter.

And you need to know...you are wasting your time & stamp. They won't give up, you will go through the rigmarole of having to file all their letters because they can't think what else to do once the computer is rolling out those template threatograms. See the top thread for your preview of the next letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • So I sent my letter saying this was under dispute and telling them to refer it back to their client, and they received this on day 14 of their arbitrary 14 day deadline. I received the next letter yesterday, which was sent before the end of the 14 day period. We also had a missed call from them at the weekend, not sure how they got our home number as we're not in the phone directory. I'm not going to reply, but they are obviously going down the harassment route, which I hope they'll enjoy!
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    If they call you again just say "Hang on a minute" and then put the phone down, walk away and go off and do something, such as hoovering or make a cup of tea of washing the car. You get the picture:D
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • ajb77 wrote: »
    We also had a missed call from them at the weekend, not sure how they got our home number as we're not in the phone directory.

Our government in the shape of DVLA generously pass on all details including your full name and any phone numbers they hold for you.

Your post made me register and move from reader to poster...
    I am most grateful to all the posters on MSE who gave me the confidence to ignore Meteor, Roxburghe and Graham White - listen well, the advice on this forum is sound and it works!

Also, if they have your mobile number, expect (rude) calls from Roxburghe and also a barrage of a couple of dozen text messages over coming months (I've recorded 10 different mobile numbers they use).

Good luck.
  • sherb1e
    sherb1e Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi I have listed about 18 numbers previously, it has ceased for a couple of months now, there is no way I'm coughing up my hard earned dosh for these lowlife bottom feeders. Stay resolute, ignore and I wish all on this forum a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in the knowledge that they will not mar the festivities by making us worry.
    All clear now of debts:beer:
    Great support from this forum
    Keep up the good work.:T
    Small victories mean a great deal!
  • Hi,
    I have received my first letter from these clowns stating that I owe £195 for a parking charge. I was parked incorrectly apparently as I was a little wonky, due to the car next to me not being straight. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their advice and posts, as I now know what to expect from Roxburghe/Graham White. I feel like going to the carpark and looking out for people with tickets and showing them this forum :)

I am annoyed that the DVLA pass on information to any cowboy company!

Is it just house numbers they can access or have people received calls on mobiles? How long does it usually take before they get the message and give up

Thank you again
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    the longer you ignore the quicker they will give up,and move on to harass some other poor unsuspecting motorist,, contact and they will remain much longer,, i think they get your number from dvla if you have renewed your road tax on line and given your numberwhen doing this? whether it be land line or mob,, if they do ring follow all advice given,, i have tons of loo paper from them and gw,,guess what if the letters are dated anwhere from jan 1st to dec 31st IGNORE.
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    All you will ever get by arguing with them is MORE HARASSMENT
    They make all the rules, they decide who wins, because it is their SCAM.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure