Cash for clothes recycling in Preston area?

Options
Hi,

A long-shot but does anyone know of a company who do the clothes recycling where they collect bags/weigh them and give you money in Preston/Leyland area?

I have seen a van near where I work in Preston with a mobile number on but have never written it down and struggling to find a local company on the Internet.

Many thanks

Comments

• shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    Options
    There's a local one to me in the midlands and they give you 50p per kilo of clothes. I think you'd be best off selling them if you can, even at a car boot you'd get more.
  • gemmalouanna
    Options
    There's a local one to me in the midlands and they give you 50p per kilo of clothes. I think you'd be best off selling them if you can, even at a car boot you'd get more.

I have just found one in Chorley about a mile away so should be ok :)

35p a kilo (most others were 40p) but saves me driving to drop the clothes off.

I started with around 20 bags and have sold about 10 bags worth of the stuff on e-bay but the other stuff is a bit too worn and I wouldn't be happy to sell it I don't think :)
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just found one in Chorley about a mile away so should be ok :)

35p a kilo (most others were 40p) but saves me driving to drop the clothes off.

I started with around 20 bags and have sold about 10 bags worth of the stuff on e-bay but the other stuff is a bit too worn and I wouldn't be happy to sell it I don't think :)

Hi, i`m in Chorley, where abouts is it?
  • gemmalouanna
    gemmalouanna Posts: 456 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.fmdrecyclers.co.uk/Contact-Details.html

Am going to text tomorrow to ask about a collection.

Saw one of their cards displayed in the tesco express too.
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    dont use the web based clothes for cash. There is alot of scope to rip you off.
    :footie:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport