Archna's Free Game of the Week: Jewel Gears

Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903 Forumite
First Post
edited 8 February 2016 at 12:55PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Rotate the board to clear the jewels in as few moves as possible (grouping the jewels together makes them disappear).
Click the link to play the game: Jewel Gears

Don't forget if you have a suggestion for a game and want to see it in the Moneysaving tip email [EMAIL="freegame@moneysavingexpert.com"]freegame@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

Note from Martin: Why it's Archna's Free Game of the Week

You'll notice that it's Archna's free game of the week, much like it's Andrea's Freebies. MSE Archna is a stalwart of the team, and in charge of making sure everything's organised, sorted, collated, checked, researched and generally spiffing in the e-mail - as well as being a seriously good researcher.

Sadly though, I noticed that occasionally she loses focus and catch her playing the games that we put at the end of the e-mail. She persuaded me this was part of her 'testing work' - so now it's an official part of her job. She gets to choose the games each week! Blame her if they're no good!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Sowilo_2
    Sowilo_2 Posts: 302 Forumite
    One flaw in this game. If you solve it in one move it does not recognise it as a win and just sits there letting you move the board with no jewels on it. Have to do retry and take two moves. Otherwise a fun game, and the one move thing may not matter in the higher levels.
    A fool may give advice but the one who takes it is the bigger fool.
  • Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I noticed that too.
    Like the game though.
    Think i'm a bit stuck on level 11
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • Sowilo_2
    Sowilo_2 Posts: 302 Forumite
    I noticed that too.
    Like the game though.
    Think i'm a bit stuck on level 11
    Ditto, also stuck on level 11. I'll keep trying though.
    A fool may give advice but the one who takes it is the bigger fool.
  • ellybelly89
    ellybelly89 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sowilo wrote: »
    Ditto, also stuck on level 11. I'll keep trying though.

I'm stuck on 11 too!!

You know the one move thing it does say make two combos so that needs to be done in two moved (you can do it in 1 move if you allow them to disappear one after the other).
  • Sylvan
    Sylvan Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I clicked on the link and got this message:

https://www.onemorelevel.com/game/jewels_gea
    r may cause a breach of browser security.

Why were you redirected to this page?
    When we tested https://www.onemorelevel.com/game/jewels_gea
    r, it attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test computer by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your computer.

:eek:
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.
    Money talks, but chocolate SINGS

"I used to be snow white but I drifted" (A seasonal quote from the incomparable Miss West)
  • cozza
    cozza Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi ya im stuck on level 15 ?
  • Sinonthenet
    Sinonthenet Posts: 11 Forumite
    Decent game, at level 18 though I completed it 4 times and it never registered it as complete. So have given up.
  • DaveAshton
    DaveAshton Posts: 7,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Decent game, at level 18 though I completed it 4 times and it never registered it as complete. So have given up.
    You didn't complete it then :p

On the combo levels, you have to clear the board in one go, but not in a way that'll delete 2 colours at the same time. So deleting (for example) the light green ones clears the way for (again, for example) a red one to drop so they can vanish, which allows a blue to drop removing the blues, and that makes a space to let the orange one drop and remove those...

It's quite a good game really, shame there are only 20 levels to it and it finishes before it gets difficult.
    Back on MSE after a 5 year hiatus.

:heart2: Rhi :heart2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family