Height of bath screen is 1400mm - high enough?

2»

Comments

• That screen looks very similar to ours, http://www.kudosshowers.co.uk/rangeprods/48/Three-Panel-In-Fold
    This is 1500mm high and is excellent quality. Not the cheapest, but exactly what we were looking for (and it's MADE IN BRITAIN)
  • Those overhead drenchers appear to be popular but I don't like them.

I prefer a flexible hose that you can remove and wet and rinse yourself from all angles. They are also easier to use if you want a shower but don't want to wash your hair.

I know this is not the question you wanted answered but I posted just in case you hadn't considered it.
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's not how they should be fitted. 25mm in from the edge of the bath with approx 200mm into the bath .
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Possom
    Possom Posts: 433 Forumite
    andyhop wrote: »
    That's not how they should be fitted. 25mm in from the edge of the bath with approx 200mm into the bath .
    Can you clarify this? Are you referring to the image shown on the webpage which burnsguitarman linked-to, or the image which I originally posted?
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Curtains sit inside the bath, as does the rail
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • wrightk
    wrightk Posts: 975 Forumite
    Just installed a folding 1400 high shower screen. Remember that the screen doesn't sit on the floor! Most baths are around 50cm high so that makes the total height around 1900mm. Im around 6ft 2 myself so around 1889mm. Never had a problem myself and the shower is on an adjustable sliding bath to ceiling rail. Always place it above my head, never any leaks
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 11:29AM
    andyhop wrote: »
    I agree that is the correct way but when you have a standard size bath and the rail is sitting just inside of the edge of this, it doesn't give a great deal of "wiggle room" between the curtain and the wall.

Provided that the shower curtain is long enough and heavy enough so that when the curtain is at an angle into the bath and shower spray is running down it doesn't pull out, I think it makes sense to have the rail a few inches outside of the bath.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    That screen looks very similar to ours, http://www.kudosshowers.co.uk/rangeprods/48/Three-Panel-In-Fold
    This is 1500mm high and is excellent quality. Not the cheapest, but exactly what we were looking for (and it's MADE IN BRITAIN)

I also went for a Kudos screen. The coating seems to be performing well. As you say, not the cheapest but looks and works well.
  • andyhop wrote: »
    A friend of ours has a curved shower curtain rail above her bath.

The rail ends are above the edge of the bath but most of the rail curves well beyond the bath edge.

It works very well. The bottom of the curtain stays securely inside the bath but, as most of it hangs away from the bath, it doesn't drape around your body when having a shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure