Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• elainemn wrote: »
    No!!! They MUST go up earlier. Actually just got my first boxes down from the loft a few minutes ago. My Christmas salt & pepper sets. Just about to dust my ones on display racks and box them up ready to swap over to the Christmas ones. This will take mot of the afternoon to do as 3 big boxes full to get through. Going to feed the cake next then maybe some mince pies with 10p mince meat (probably out of date!) as I will have the oven on anyway. I use sweet paste as find they are much nicer.

Different take on mince pies but very quick and easy and lovely warm. I use ready roll filo and fold my pies up samosa shaped into triangles. Cut the width you want, put mince meat to one side of front of strip and fold into a triangle then keep folding so you have several layers of filo. The folds seal in the mincemeat so no seepage. The sprinkle with icing sugar once cooked.
    Pastry doesn't agree with me so I find these lighter.
    Mum makes a lovely low fat sweet pastry that boarders on shortbread.
    Oh fancy some now and out of the Just Roll we all were getting. Must add to list.

Vx
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Google image it, and you can get some images, not sure if they can be used when applying on shopmium :)[/QUOTE

Or take a pic of one in a shop. I have the numbers for them but not actual barcode
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Too much information dippy:rotfl:

Well I've had a lovely morning sorting out my new Amex card and preparing for the Small Shops promotion.

For anyone who's still undecided, my card came through in just over a week and I'm ready to go. It'll be the only card I use now for 3 months as I need to spend £2000 before February 4th to qualify for 20,000 points. I really don't want to go to Marrakesh so might opt for a £100 giftcard instead. There's also 2 free airport lounge passes. Wonder if they'll just let me go in and spend a couple of hours just watching the planes take off while I quaff free glasses of dry white wine and munch olives:rotfl:

I've opted in to the small shops promotion and started a list. I'm trying to buy stuff that I would normally use anyway so as not to incur any extra cost.
    Already I have

Local Fish and chip shop
    Coffees shops
    A local chemist
    A gift shop which I love....thinking Christmas presents:D
    Mr TM' s Christmas do is at a restaurant which is participating and he would be paying by card anyway

I have a second list for shops I need to check out in the next month ahead of the promotion starting just to see if there's any bargAins.

It's been a rainy morning well spent. Amazingly Mr TM is up for getting involved as it doesn't involve coupons or anything illegal:rotfl::rotfl:

Cn I ask which card you went for TM?
    I have to pay £1599 to the dealership for my new motability car next month so if total spend needed is £2000 before 4th feb this is doable. I wouldn't bother except for new car which I can clear balance on card the next day.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

• TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Do we all know about this?

Up to £140 credit on your winter fuel bill.

Check eligibility criteria ....it's not just for those receiving Pension Credit but for those receiving other benefits too.....i.e. Income support.

Apply through your energy supplier and they will provide credit in instalments throughout the winter.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

The money is paid directly off your fuel account last day in march. Not sure how they do it for people with payment meters but I know they do. Can only be used off an electricity account but now we usually have combined accounts it works well.

I first found out about this from our Princess Melody:A

HTH

V x

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I used to get dreadful trouble with my sinuses, if you haven't got any of the right tablets to take have a steam, it helps.

I have had 2 operations on my nose so that does not help, i did have a steamer for my birthday as asked for one:o guess what........yet to use it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Def going to use it tonight
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Tesco Bank security and fraud issues
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5552146

I haven't had a text or email, but have just checked my accounts.
    Pending transactions of over £1800 :(
    I got a phone call from Tesco bank yesterday morning telling me there was a transaction on my account for £258 from someone in Brazil :eek: Didn't know it had affected lots of other tesco bank customers.
  • davemorton wrote: »

As you can guess I am still on a long catch up from yesterday.
    Is the double up just the usual £20 of points to £40?
    Have promised ds2 a steam mop so will use for that.

Quick day trip to Bedford on the train yesterday just to see ds2 first house before he starts bashing it about. It is exactly the same as my first house but has been modernised by previous owners. I think once he has knocked down a wall, done electrics, new boiler and plumbing, new bathroom and kitchen, plastered whole house, new floor coverings and wardrobes it will be looking a bit different so wanted to see a 'before' house.
    They are planning to move in before xmas as well:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Luckily he works for himself and can put the time in and has a lot of friends willing to help. He has to get moving as sofa due to be delivered in 4 weeks:eek:

We then had a lovely (but very slow service) lunch with ds2 and his gf, then round to see my sister for a cuppa.
    Mum came with me for the day out and trains ran so smoothly we didn't spend a single moment waiting around. Still a long day but I know it meant a lot to ds2.

Netflix is anyone watching The Crown? wasn't going to until realised Matt Smith was playing the part of Philip and for me he has stolen the show. Well worth a watch.

V x

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    As a bank update, i am busy setting up BoS to replace San123 as the interest rate has halved to 1.5%. Worth considering if you were using San123 as a savings account. BoS Vantage are offering 3% on up to £5k, minimum £1000 pay in per month, 2 DDs. You can apparently have up to 3 according to reports on other forums.

Anon
    Don't know if mentioned yet but can transfer the £1000 from account 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3 and then 3 back to 1. hth :D
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Thank you snap, just managed to order two bottle openers :D

That's a couple more bits for Christmas:D

thanks i missed those and just ordered a few xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts